b20 swap ? searched

ok there are b20a b20b and b20z right well every one wants the b20z but im going with the b20a jdm moter im getting it from hmoters in cali. will all the electronics work or do i have to switch wll mine over. and is there any thing else i need to know abt doing the b20a swap thank you

the b20a is from a prelude and will not work in our cars and is nothing like the others. get a b20b at least.

ok where a good fast cheap place to get one

and y wont a b20a work

Its just not really a B series. The only thing usuable off those and other B series are the crank, bolts, and the valve cover. Almost any junkyard will have a B20Z for around 800-1200 depending on miles. Thats about what you will pay for a B20b shipped.

ok thanj u i will keep u posted on what i find

www.car-part.com should get you going in the right direction. Get one from a 1999-2001 Honda CRV (B20Z). I paid about $800 for my 2001 about 3 years ago with 75k on it.

i got one from h moters for 784 shiped to nc b20b with a pr8 head

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it. Remember to do a water pump and timing belt before the install!

o ya deffentaly im thinking on getting 310 cc injectors and big ass cams with my 50 shot that would b killer

get a gsr/type r water/oil pump and a gsr timing belt

why

IIRC, the B20 already has the GSR/ITR oil and water pumps. So, no need to attempt to upgrade them.

is it a stock b20? if so it does not have the vtec componets mentioned, and unless your doing a vtec conversion there is no need to change, its only a upgrade with the vtec conversion. otherwise it actually can harm the motor. if the motor is staying non vtec just get the normal componets

unless you will be reving higher then stock redline say if you put cams in you will want the gsr pumps

I was wrong… the water pump is a P75 one, but there is no need to change to a GSR one and GSR belt if not going VTEC. I forgot about the whole timing belt matching water pump - LS/B20 water pump with LS/B20 timing belt, VTEC water pump w/ VTEC timing belt. It DOES have the GSR oil pump though.

According to this:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1388667

And I even looked it up:
http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?hidSwitch=&hidIrno=&catcgry1=CR-V&catcgry2=1997&catcgry3=5DR+LX+4WD&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=OIL+PUMP-OIL+STRAINER&vinsrch=no&ListAll=&prdrefno=&act=&count=0&quantity=0

If only there was a B20 thread without bad / misleading info.

Yea def don’t use a b20a, bad decision.