X

ls/vtech swap into db gs-r

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ls/vtech swap into db gs-r

ok so my the stock 1.7 is got 206,xxx on it and i want to pull it out before it gets bad so i can rebuild it and make it bullet proof. I have a b18a1 out of my 1st da before i put an ITR swap into it. it has a spun bearing but it still ran when i pulled it out. i want to put CTR pistons and new rings and bearings and all that good stuff. my question is if i do all of that can i use the stock ls rods and crank, also i am going to use my gsr head with new valves and a refresh as well.. anyone ever done this will it be ok any pointers???????? let me know its my baby what els can be done with that type of swap i know i want to do ctr or itr pistons no matter what so will it work with what i have said let me know thank u
    Attached Files

yes i will work with the stock crank the rods will have to be taken to the machine shop to fit the PCT's

Comment

what do u mean by that should i just get new stock ls rods or like b16 rods

Comment

b16 rods are the wrong length. you will need to take it to the machine shop to have them turn it cuz u said it spun a bearing. well it will be like 100 to get it turned as 280 for a new one. as far as rods go, just have them refabed and buy some arp rod bolts (can get them for 50) and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X