X

b20 swap?

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b20 swap?

ok so i'm looking at doing a b20 swap in the not too distant future and have a couple questions.

1. car is obd0, i dont feel like converting at this point am i going to run into problems with that?

2. because of that i thought of just keeping the ls head with a b20b or z block, but according to honda the head gasket it similair but not the same for ls and b20, so if i did this which head gasket should i use, what about head studs?

sorry if these sound like stupid questions i'm somewhat new at this whole thing, so i thought this would be kinda cool for my first swap.

SEARCH!

You can use all your OBD-0 stuff. The engine dosent know....

Use the B20z head. Its better then the LS's

Comment

The engine will go in without any other component swaps. Your wiring harness, accessories like alternator, distributor, ac, etc will bolt right on to it no probs. The factory pr4 computer will run it just fine. The ONLY thing I had to do to get the engine in was to rewire the thermostat. I never hooked up the knock sensor since the original motor didn't have one, no probs at all. Use the b20 heads on the b20, the ls heads will not get you any more power at all. I used a b20z in mine and left it stock. The flatter torque curve and higher compression alone is enough to change the dynamics of the car quite a bit. If you go with this swap leave the engine alone and just do the standard I/H/E and then see what you think you still need. Yay torque!

Comment

I believe you have to change the breather valve up front. The PCV valve or what not. And the thermostat thing is east. Torpeado connecters will work temporary! Just plug and play. Have any questions just ask. But this swap has been covered time and times over!

Comment

thanks guys that pretty much tells me all i need to know, if i think of anything i'll let you guys know

Comment

Working...
          X