X

Ebay Version: Tri-y Hytech style header

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Version: Tri-y Hytech style header

So ebay has a new header for the DA. To me it looks like a hytech tri-y replica. just wondering if anyone is using this and how its going.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...=p4506.c0.m245

My friend actually just bought one. Hes going to install it on his GSR soon. Ill tell you what he thinks after a few weeks...

Im assuming its going to be just as good as the original version but

-Welds will break

-Will turn colors / rust sooner

Just like any other ebay product!

Comment

I bought a Hytech Replica from ebay. Never installed it, but I can say that it was pretty rough to get together. I could get it together, but it took some serious coercion. To be fair though, I heard a lot of people complaining about that with the one being sold on HT too.

Comment

"to get together" -as in like fitment issues with lining up to the head or as in where the collector slides into the runners? i thought the welds looks pretty decent on this but then again it's just a picture...

Comment

No, where the runners slide into the collector. It wasn't so much that they were tight, but that they weren't perfect in lining up. You had to flex two of the runners a little bit to get them to line up on the collector. It was probably just the header that I had though. The welds were pretty decent though. Got it off of pipi_outlet or something like that off ebay.

Comment

hmm ya i wonder if that was a shipping issue ya know? i mean i know you said you haven't installed it but from seeing it in person, would you say it was worth the $150?

Comment

Oh ya. The only reason I sold it was because of ground clearance. I might end up buying another one and trying it out in the next few months. I'll be getting the big tube though.

Comment

hmm. i didnt know they had big tube and small tube versions... itd prob be better to get the small tube if ive just got i/h/e on my ls right?

Comment

Yep! That should do you pretty well. Probably see some pretty nice gains from it too.

Comment

cool. you didnt have to notch your crossmember did you?

Comment

I never installed it, but I would have had to notch the cross member or get an aftermarket one if I had.

Comment

ahh damn. i guess the megan header has won me over...

Comment

I have held one of those headers and i tried to put the two peices together and it was just like ninezeroteg said. I did not try too hard but i could not get the four tubes to line up and go together. It was not mine and i didnt try to hard but with some effort i know it would go together but besides that it looked ok. I thought about the ground clearance also and if you like your car dropped then this header is probably not for you.

Comment

i know i'm bringing an old thread back to life but i just installed this header but i couldn't get the rad support back on so i left it off.. i'm incredibly worried, did anyone else have this problem with the header? i don't know what to do at this point..

Comment

You have to notch the crossmember just like for any non-Da made header. Your options are to either notch the crossmember or get traction bars. I have this same header but my crossmember is notched for it

Comment

Originally posted by CG5accord View Post
                                You have to notch the crossmember just like for any non-Da made header. Your options are to either notch the crossmember or get traction bars. I have this same header but my crossmember is notched for it
                                thanks, i notched my crossmember but the piece i'm talking about is the rad support that bolts to the crossmember and then bolts behind the tranny to a mount.. i could not fit it back on after the header after the isntall so i left it off.. just wondering if anyone else just runs without it aswell..

Comment

i have the front tranny mount still attached if that is what you are talking about..

Comment

I think what you are talking about is the support bar that runs from the front to rear crossmember. If so then it is completely fine if you leave it off.

Comment

Working...
                                    X