Wiring Help 95 B18c1 Swap

Im sure this has already been covered but i couldnt find it. I just finished putting my Swap yesterday an now i need to plug up my harness. i was told that the harness that came with the b18c would plug right up, buuuut it doesnt. should have done my homework first. i have my old harness too. anyone know what mods to either harness i need to do to make it work

Need more info ! Is your car a Da ? What year Da ?

Read the engine swap guide in the teg tips section of the website. You need to re-use the original engine harness from your old motor. There will then be a handful of wires which this harness does not have but your new motor needs. You will have to run these wires separately on your own.

you need to be more specific… what year is your DA?.. is it an obd0 or dbd1? if its obd1 you should use your old harness with no problem… you should not have to modify anything… all the sensors will work fine. all you need to do is wire up vtec…

Its a 1993 Db1 obd0 with the pr4 ecu.

And IABs and knock sensor

That doesn’t make any sense. 92-93 is OBD1. You’ll want to run all OBD1 components.

no the integra has a knock sensor already mr penny. and yeah like colin said 92-93 is obd1… are you sure its obd0?..

You do know he has a 93 DB1 right? B18A1s don’t have knock sensors

this is correct.

Ok, I have the same exact swap. 95’ B18C1 into a 93’ LS. All I did was reuse my lS harness and rerouted VTEC wires. Plugged in the C1 ECU and all was well. I also was able to get my swap Carb reffed in CA.

mr penny u are absolutely right… im sorry i was wrong lol… wow… i do learn something everyday =)

i’m pretty sure the IAB’s are important to the performance of the motor if all you did was hook up your vtec then your missing quite a bit from the gsr…

and the knock sensor isn’t needed but still nice to have to detect knock before destroying a fresh swap…

anyway listen to mrpenny and colin they won’t steer you wrong.

rywire.com is you best friend lol

if you want to spend money for them to add a few wires… an obd1 vtec swap into an obd1 car is very easy just gotta run a few wires, where as they want 65 for the harness… altho i will say they do it proper with a sub harness so you don’t have to pull or cut wires to pull the motor just disconnect it like the factory harness.

that can be done on your own as well tho.