Intake manifold and firewall cleanup

I hate all the tubes running around the intake manifold. Are all of them required? Also, on the drivers side firewall, can any of those be removed? If not, wheres the best place to hide them? Doing a little engine bay cleanup.

here’s about 3 weeks worth of reading and learning: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1693934

//\ Muwhahaha! A lot of good stuffz in there

Exactly. Thats what I don’t need. There’s a bunch of good shit there. I saw that already and don’t need to look through the whole thing. I just need the too questions answered for the da. Thanks though.

good luck then. maybe someone here will spend an hour of their time to give you a detailed answer on your options and a step by step walk-through…

Can we get a spoonfed smiley?

:slight_smile:

^ best idea EVAR! :lol:

Think I just found what I need and I know one of the guys in the post.
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1992411

That wasn’t hard, was it?

You can remove most of that crap:

:getsome::manual:

Figure that out!

^ you should rotate the nipple on your intake manifold for the brake booster hose. no sense in having it point up if the hose now comes at it from the sie or bottom opposed to from the top.

True. /\ /\

Can I just grab the tube w/ some pliers or what? I don’t wanna break it or anything, which is why I never tried it.

Figure that out!

i wouldn’t grab it with pliers as you are liable to mar it or collapse the tube. i just tapped mine w/ a med weight hammer, it should turn easily. if it doesn’t then i’d use a torch to heat it, but since the engine is in the car i wouldn’t risk it with a torch.

OK, I have a rubber mallet so I’ll try that. I’m a stickler so I’ll also add some sealant around the base of the tube.

Figure that out!

that’ll make more of a mess than anything and it’ll look horrible. if you’re really worried about a leak (you probably shouldn’t be) then i would use something like a thread locker or thread sealant. put it on with the engine on so if there is a leak the vacuum will suck the sealant in.