so i did a compression test on my ls and

it got 150, 130, 100, 150…and yeah my car kinda runs rough with 247k miles on it, the two spark plugs in the middle i could never get out until now because the previous owner did know what he was doin 5 years ago so im glad i finally got the spark plugs out to do a comp test but now i think i might need a rebuild but it might be cheaper to get a b20b from hmotors you think?

could use a rebuild depending on if its just a headgasket or actually worn cylinder and/or rings. 150 on 1 an 4 is on the low side as it is but would still run good. but with 130 and 100 on the middle 2 something’s not right of course. i would say do a leak down test on all 4, if you can, and see where it’s losing compression…then go from there as far as if you should rebuild. also depends if you just want it as a daily driven point A to B car or if you’re gonna put some power to it. if you’re gonna put power to it definitely rebuild it

good luck hope that helped some

i have rs machine 81.5 pistons for it also arp rods bolts and arp headstuds, but doin that the motor will have to come out and get torn apart…and i dont know if it will be cheaper to do that or just buy a b20, this is my daily so i cant really have much down time on it

honestly cant tell ya cost relavance, but just swapping in a new (used) motor would be faster as long as everything bolted, plugged in, and swapped problem free

yeah i was also thinkin of sellin the pistons and just buy a jdm b20b highcomp motor from hmotors and trade my b16 head for a b16 cable trans…