B18A1 with b16 head

Is this a good idea? I am ondering bbecause i cant make up my mind because i keep reading how vtec isnt that good or that much better then just motor. I guess what im asking is should i go all motor on my b18a1 and keep the head that i have, or go vtec and get the b16 head? What are your guys thoughts.

I am building the car to drive around town but i still want the satisfaction of being able to romp on people that are driving around and thinking that there car is faster.

Also any ideas for my application would be sweet also. :slight_smile:

search “LS Vtec”

i did search that and it came up with the same posts i already read. I want personal opinions from people that have driven both if applicable

You have confused your terminology. “All motor” is a term for any motor that doesn’t have a boosted intake system. So you really are asking two questions. Should you go all motor or not and should I stay with non VTEC or go VTEC. If your engine is in good shape the quickest and probably cheapest solution is boost. It also gets you great power gains for the buck. The downside is it could blow up your engine if not done properly or if you have a weak engine. As for VTEC versus non VTEC, you could probably search that and find the pros and cons. Its a broad subject.

alright thank you !

It depends on how much cash you want to spend! Money can build anything.

staying all motor ?or are you going turbo?all motor search for b20 vtec build.i had to ls vtec motors and i know people with all kinda of builds.it all depends on what u want.when my bottom end goes bad i building a hi comp b20vtec

i should have enough money for just about anything. but i dont need all race parts right away i just bought the car need to be able to drive stick great before i start putting major performance in. I going to be using the car as a daily driver in the summer. i want a fast car and probably will get the ride turbo later on when i can actually drive good and can handle the performance. So with that said anyone got a car that is set up for that application?

Im almost positive im going with the b16 head(vtec) and im going to be building the head so that its strong:

dual springs
new valves
retainers
valve guides

you know all that good stuff.

i want new cams but im not sure if that is necessary
should i go forged internals to be ready for a turbo or leave the crankshaft alone, along with the rods wrist pins etc.

I got all the tools as a professional so its not going to be exspensive on the labor part of the job.

Shoot me some ideas parts or information in general to up my knowledge on my project. Thanks again guys that have responded and the rest of the forum for being here helped me out a bunch already:)

Oh and i already have a b18a1 with only 119k so im trying to keep it. yes i know high mileage but im most likely get new rings if not new pistons. But the prssure is good through all cylinders like about 147 psi.