Question on results after ls/vtec swap

Okay, i have a 90 integra, and just did a ls/vtec swap with a b16 head. I have stock internals, no other mods other than using a pr3 ecu with the swap. My question is that what would be the cause for black smoke and alot of it only when i push is hard? do i need to tune the ecu, different map sensor? It never did this before and since the swap its been doing this. I’m pretty sure that its running rich as well(smells). I’m having a hard time figuring this out? Oh, also i just change the spark plugs and wires for it.

you need a tune.

+1 /\ tune.

tune in deed. my friend and i just tuned a NA lsvtec and they run super rich on a stock map. find someone local and get it done. black smoke is fuel. if you pull your plugs, i bet they are soaked with fuel, and your getting really crappy gas mileage,

Take a look at this link, http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html. Use the pictures to compare to your spark plugs. As the previous post said, black smoke is carbon from an overly rich mixture. Its not uncommon to get some black smoke at WOT because the ECU is dropping the AFR for good power and no detonation. However, black smoke constantly is not dangerous but not good for gas mileage, emissions or power. Over time you can gum up your exhaust system too.