X

b20 Vtec build...

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b20 Vtec build...

hey guys i got a b20 block sitting at my house, thinkin of swaping out the old engine to the b20 vtec hybrid engine. But im stuck on which transmission is best to use? And also if anyone ran the b20 vtec with power steering and a/c running like stock, please help me on that... Thanks a lot guys...

for the transmission. just choose one (any b series will bolt on). are u gonna be on the freeway alot to commute? get a long geared, if u just wanna always be quick than get short geared tranny. but if you get a hydraulic transmission then u have to buy a cable to hydro conversion kit. And if you really have the money! than Get a type R lsd transmisson or i see people sending there transmission to a shope and getting custom gearing installed (hella bank).

Powersteering: you have to run a 89-91 b16 or a 92-93 b17 "UPPER" power steering bracket, cuz the DA pump wont bolt on to the other brackets

AC: u can run it. but i see alot of people tear it out, mainly weight reduction and more clearance in the engine bay..

plus the crank pulley wont be trying to hard when running the P.S. & A.C. pulley

Comment

wow thanks for the help... how bout if i wanted to add a turbo, will the p.s and a.c. work still?

Comment

Working...
      X