In market for new transmission

So, back a couple years ago, I put in a 99/00 Civic Si tranny on my b16. Well, I’m in need of a new tranny again. Besides going LSD, is there a better tranny out there? JDM, GSR? I’m on a budget so the cheaper the better. Locally I found a 99 Civic Si tranny, 38k. Bad 3rd gear synchro. He said either $250 as is or $300 with new synchro. He said I could come check it out. I will have my honda guy that will be installing it come check it out with me. Good price?

Bump. Anyone?

sounds like a good deal. will you be putting in a cable to hydro swap or changing internals??

Don’t think I’m gonna go that direction. The guy that I’m gonna have do it doesn’t want to mess with someone elses torn apart tranny. But yeah. I already have the Hasport cable to hydro kit.

If the 3rd gear synchro is gone, then the 1-2 synchro isn’t far behind and that synchro is a double cone model. For the price, I would replace all of the synchros and while you are at it, check the bearings as well. Once the tranny is opened up, there isn’t much more work to replace all the synchros. You can get a complete set of synchros for about $150 and a complete rebuild kit for about $400. You are paying labor too I guess so synchros are probably all you could do on your budget. You don’t want to have to pull out the transmission again a short time down the road.