b20b block + gsr head & IM in DB1?

Will I run in to any issues or incompatibilities? Specifically space and fitment issues with that upside-down intake manifold?

Buddy of mine is selling his complete GSR head with GSR intake manifold, plus a GSR CAI and b16a2 cams and some other extras for $350. I recently bought a b20b, '96 model, and was going to swap it in to my DB1 to replace my 300k mile b18a1. If I could go VTEC during this swap, that would be lovely.

So what say you, G2ICers? What all would I need to buy on top of this stuff from my buddy? Some things come to mind like a GE vtec conversion kit, all the stuff i need for the obd-0 to obd-1 conversion, wiring for the VTEC-to-ECU, socketed p28, VTEC water pump, etc. Also…would I need to replace my oil pump with a VTEC oil pump, or are B series oil pumps all pretty much the same from 96 and up?

Also…the GE vtec conversion kit, is it really necessary or can I piece together my own “conversion kit” for substantially cheaper? And what this about having to tap/plug oil holes? I’m completely lost here…I have NEVER done a VTEC conversion, or even owned a VTEC motor. :frowning:

No issues with fitament.

buy the ge kit.

since you’re in it, change everything. seals, pumps, timing belt, etc etc.

save yourself th headaches.

The stock gsr manifold isn’t an ideal fit in a G2’s engine bay, but it works fine.