X

obd0-obd1 conversion help

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obd0-obd1 conversion help

I'm having some problems doing this conversion.I have a chipped p06 converted to vtec with a conversion harness and my car wont start. I have spark when I crank it over, but whenver I turn the key on the fuel pump doesn't turn on. All the wires on the conversion harness are hooked up and nothing looks wrong in any way. I thought maybe the computer was junk so I put it in a friends car and his car started right up, then I thought my conversion harness wasn't right so I used his conversion harness but still no fuel pump. I just dont know whats wrong with it, my harness isnt hacked up or anything. Sometimes whenever I plug connector A into the P06 the main relay goes crazy and clicks non stop until I unplug it, it only does it when you plug that connector in. Just to check and see if the main relay was good I unplugged the conversion harness and plugged in the original pr4 ecu and the pump turned on and the car starts but I want obd1 so I can tune on crome. If anyone can point me in the right direction or has had this problem before please post, thanks in advance.

anyone got any ideas

Comment

You are using an OBD1 distriburator right?

Comment

yes, i am using an obd1 gsr §§§§§

Comment

Which jumper are you using? I had to repin my jumper when I went obd1

Comment

I'm using one from ebay, one of the cheaper ones. It looks pretty legit. I checked it over with one of the conversion guides I found online somewhere and the only thing I found was the fuel injector pins werent right, I switched them around and still nothing.

Today I ran a jumper wire from pin A7 from the obd1 side of the conversion harness to pin 1 on the main relay, this is the fuel pump control side of the relay from what the honda etm says. Whenever I plugged the computer in there was no clicking noise, so I turned the key on and the fuel pump kicked on so I tried starting it but it wouldn't start, im thinking whenever I ran the jumper all the power went to the main relay and none went to the resistor box so I wasnt getting any fuel at the injectors. But when I turned the key off all the dash lights stayed on until i unplugged the jumper wire.

I think Im going to make a new wiring harness from the ecu to the main relay and from the main relay out to the resistor box, if I cant figure this out soon im just going to have to use the obd0 ecu and run the 1 wire vtec deal which sucks.

Comment

buy a better harness

Comment

I would consider getting a better jumper harness. Contact Ryan at RyWire.com

Comment

I tried swapping a known good conversion harness in my car and it still didnt work so its nothing to do with the coversion harness. Im going to make a new harness for the main relay, if that doesnt work then I might look into a rywire harness.

Comment

Working...
                  X