90 obd0 car swapping in a obd1 b18c jdm gsr..

ok so heres my sitsuation… i have a 1990 integra GS… and i’m planning to get a b18C jdm gsr from H motors… and i’m planning to get this harness kit from rywire… http://rywire.com/store/9091-integra-b16a-obd1-vtec-p-87.html?osCsid=76744d219de327867c6eab7bf2a00aba … the motor comes with everything distributer injectors and all that good stuff… also getting an ecu and an LSD Y1 JDM cable tranny… so my question is what else am i going to need besides these things or am i good? Thanks for all the help in advance!

Only thing that I can think of at the moment is the four wire o2 sensor.

Make sure you tell Rywire that you’re swapping in a GSR engine and not a b16a. He’ll need to integrate the wiring for the IAB system. Or you’ll have to wire that yourself.

Also, I personally would get the “Optional” package offered. That way you can run the new injectors w/o doing any work yourself. And I hate those distributor adapters this thing comes with, so his optional package does away with that as well.

thanks colin… i was wondering howcome you hate the distributer adaptors? and also… i realized that i put the wrong link up there… there is a kit for the b18c. i just accedentally put the one up for the b16… what is iab?? and as for the fuel injectors i was just going to use the ones out of my LS… since i thought they were the same size? thought all stock cars came with 240’s… am i wrong? Thanks again for the help!

Because they are ugly and pointless. If you can’t re-pin distributor plugs then you don’t deserve an engine swap.

:search: www.google.com www.bing.com www.yahoo.com
(secondary butterflies on the p72 intake manifold)

Yes, all of the stock b series injectors flow the same, and work equally as well. I’m not sure which harness you’ll be running and what it will be setup for. If you run the original injectors from your car you’ll need to have the proper injector clips on your engine harness and retain the original reistor box from your car.

If you use the injectors from the new motor then you’ll need to have matching injector clips on the engine harness and you’ll need the harness to run a termination plug for the injector wires opposed to the resistor box.

Personally I always run the obd1 style injectors because you get to run the termination plug opposed to the resistor box. The resistor box is ugly and takes up space in the engine bay.

I would recommend a skunk2 or blox intake manifold. My b18c with ITR cams was a whole new animal after that manifold.

bump

bump? If you’re gonna bump this you need to make it clear what you still need to know…

does anyone know what the Y1 tranny originally came out of? sorry colin i was just trying to get everyones input.

anyone?

:search: you can find all the information you need on GOOGLE. Y1 came with the first generation B16A

ok thanks

When I did an h22a swap on my '93 Prelude Si, if I remember correctly I was able to solder an IAB-delete chip kit in to the ECU. I believe this kit can be found on Xenocron’s and Phearable’s websites. You would need to gut the IAB plate, or swap it out for bare spacer which I believe can be found on eBay. Not sure if the same applies to the GSR application, though…

y1 came out of a JDM Civic SIR or CRX SIR. I would recommend doing an LS 5th if you do a lot of highway driving.

if the motor does not come with the harness you will will need to rewire the injectors on your OBD0 harness to delete the OBD 0 resistor box. I repinned my harness with a (grey) plug out of a 92-93 integra.

Do you have a clutch? The GSR clutch disk won’t work with a Y1 transmission. You will have to get a 90 or 91 clutch disk.