Noob B16A swap question

My stock B18A1 Just died, So I’m seriously considering getting a 2nd gen JDM B16A.

My question is, when replacing parts such as the water pump and timing belt, what vehicle do I search under to get the correct part numbers from?

Again sorry for being such a noob

You can find everything you need from the following cars:
92-93 Integra GSR
92-95 Del Sol (I forget the exact model number or which years came w/ the a b16a, just make sure to search from parts for that model, not the sohc d series equipped ones)
99-01 Civic Si

Any of the parts which are more “car” or chassis specific will usually come from the 92-93 GSR. B17a is almost identical to the b16a, so most of the little bits and pieces are the same as well.

The Del Sol b16a is a 2nd gen b16a, so basically everything is the same. Just keep in mind that there are emissions equip differences between the two since one is usdm and the other jdm.

You should be able to get all the parts you need by looking under both of those two vehicles, but the 99-01 civic si is a possibility too. But that engine is obd2 which creates a couple more differences.

(** Water pump and timing belt for all three engines mentioned above are the same)

I have a bunch of parts for the b17 too mostly stock stuff. I do have a clutch masters flywheel 7.5lb for sale =)

Sweet thanks, so best bet is just looking under del sol :slight_smile: … so just to clarify, USDM and JDM B16’s use the same parts?

Depends on the part. They are identical engines mechanically, but some of the parts bolted to them are different due to differences in year, differences in car they were put in, or differences in smog equipment.

Okay, so basically, for mechanically related items, such as water pump and timing belt, USDM parts (from a del sol) will be the correct parts for the JDM b16a. All I’m worried about is whether or not they will fit :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone :rockon:

Yes, those parts are the same.

You can also cross reference part numbers. Check the part numbers for all the three I mentioned above. If it comes up w/ the same part number for all of them then you know it’s a very common part used on a bunch of motors. If you come up with different part numbers for two different b16’s then you can bet that the part is more model or year specific rather than engine specific…

good call!

Thanks again :rockon:

Also, can I use my water pump from my 90 LS on the B16a (2nd gen)? I just put a new one in before my motor died…

Sorry one more question, what are the differences between pr3 and pw0 ecu’s?

PR3 is from an Integra, and PW0 is from the civic/crx.

What are the difference in redline and vtec specs? Is there a better one for a jdm b16a?

there pretty much the same. i have a pr3 that’s socketed so i can burn the chip to whatever specs you want. also, i have a jdm b16a that i’m selling for 650 with under 70k on it. have arp head studs in it.