sohc swap in DA

Just wondering what would be needed to swap in a sohc in a DA. My vitara build is so impressive i was thinking about running it in my DA since my DA is setup for drag…

I have an R swap in my DA, want to upgrade to d-series haha =op :umno:

wtf :fingban:
lol nah i suppose its not that bad but still…!
how much hp is it makign?

Think about putting a b series into an EF… now reverse that. That is how you would do it. Nothing insane. B series into EF is easy because there is so much aftermarket support. There isn’t going to be any aftermarket support for D into a DA.

If you can figure out how to get it mounted and how to rig the shift linkage, then the rest is cake. Shift linkage should be easily modified to work. Mounts on the other hand… not so easy unless you’re a good fabricator.

This topic has been covered, give searching a try.

didnt some from japan come with a sohc in it already, so it really shouldnt be hard to do

hard part is finding the mounts. get in touch with gspot maybe they can get them

Although on a surface level that makes sense, it doesn’t pan out in real life.

Some EF’s in Japan also came with B series engines, but we still need to have things like mount kits and modified shift linkage to install B engines in usdm EF’s. That is because the actual structures of the car was different. Hoods were different, the mounts on the framerails where the engine mounts bolt to were different, there was clearance for the alternator…

Yes some Japanese DA’s had SOHC engines, but the cars themselves were different, they were setup for those engines whereas the USDM DA’s are not.

Thanks for the replies.

I figured mounting a D series into a DA would be a problem. I’m not all that serious about swapping a D into my DA i was just entertaining the idea. However if it was something simple like just going to the parts store and picking up parts i would of done it in a heart beat. Just to crack a 10 sec pass out of it and pull it out.

I’ll search for more info and see if its doable.

As for my vitara setup it was making 325whp on a ebay turbo. it ran 11.7@119mph. This setup impressed the shit outta me that i just keept going with it. have less than 2gz into this setup as well. The turbo recently blew and had it rebuilt by blaast to an official 60 trim. My new goal now is trying to get 400whp pump gas with a/c and p/s and a 10 sec pass out of it. I have everything I need to get it done its just the time.

Its not pretty. its my beater and very effective =op notice the wet shot ready and waiting

I seriously got to stop messing around with this thing and get back to work on my baby (DA)

You ain’t kidding about it not being pretty. That thing is a rats nest of wires, lines, hoses… But nice numbers nonetheless.

The swap is possible, but definitely sounds like it’s a waste of your time. If it was important to you and the time to fab up some mounts was worth it to you then go for it, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

nice numbers but what shitty wastegate placement on that manifold.