msd???

anyone use msd stuff ???
is it nice or worth it ???

MSD makes nice stuff. But not really worth it unless your putting serious power down with your motor. Honda did an excellent job in designing the ignition (overbuilt in other words). My opinion

J

Even extremely high power motors don’t really benefit from aftermarket ignition bits. 200, 300, 400+ whp hondas run stock ignition and see no benefit from something like an MSD. IMO you can’t do better than the performance and reliability of OEM.

msd is only useful if u are on nitrous

msd has some good stuff like 3 step and setting rev limiter…its worth buy if you have noszzzzzz like squeezethis said

yup but the 3 step and the rev limiter n stuff… is any of that worth it if it melts ur cap or something?

[QUOTE=Colin;2041693]Even extremely high power motors don’t really benefit from aftermarket ignition bits. 200, 300, 400+ whp hondas run stock ignition and see no benefit from something like an MSD.[/QUOTE]agreed. even seen some go back to stock cause the msd wasnt working as well as the stock stuff.

[QUOTE=Colin;2041693]IMO you can’t do better than the performance and reliability of OEM.[/QUOTE]for DD, i can agree. there are a few ignitions systems out there that are better then stock, but definately not for the weak at heart or for DD use like a “distributor-less, COP set-up” is a very nice :).

[QUOTE=90gsteggy;2041568]anyone use msd stuff ???
is it nice or worth it ???[/QUOTE]

What does your ride have anyway? If its closer to stock than a fully-modified engine then it might be overkill. If it’s been modified, up to what extent then? The Honda OEM ignition is quite robust, and can handle a significant amount of engine mods. If it’s working well, why tamper with it?

my car is pritty much stock ive herd alot of talk that honda ignitions are good to like 400 hp

so why are u asking about the msd? cuz most of us highly doubt you’ll reach past the limits of ur stock coil anytime soon.