About to buy a Y1 B16 cable tranny, worth it?

Found a seller willing to sell his y1 b16 cable tranny with act stage 1 clutch for 350. It sounds like a good deal, he said its in good condition. Also said that he switched 5th gear out for an ls fifth. What should i look out for and is it worth the money?

From the threads i’ve read the acceleration is a noticeable difference. I rather no waste my money on i/h/e and just make it car thats more fun to drive everyday. What are the things i should look out for when i buy?

Also, how difficult is the install? tia

Yes that’s a good deal if there’s nothing wrong with the tranny. I have the same tranny with the ls 5th and love it, but I have a b18c in my car. When I just had the b18a, I didn’t realize how much I hated the LS tranny until I put a b16 tranny in.

I wouldn’t call the install real difficult, it’s more just annoying and time comsuming.

does this trans have factory LSD or no, i have the Y1 trans with LSD and love it, although my diff, is starting to crap out on me but oh well.

if the trans is in the car, drive it to check for grinds or pop outs. if not in car just look for the obvious like physical damage to the case or even the gears, shift the trans manually to make sure it moves smoothly through each gear other than that you pretty much have to take his word for it.

its a good deal as long as its good condition, and the swap is simple, just take your time and dont rush through it