best power out of an exhaust?

in your opinion, what is the best exhaust set up if you just have boltons and its your daily driver, what header, size piping, and exhaust/ muffler do you think is the best combo?

or whats the best set up you ever had?

anyone

Depending on your engine. I would go with a jdm itr header it has a 2.5 flange so u might as well run the whole pipe. As far as the rest I would look into any of the twin loop mufflers there quit at low rpm’s and don’t restrict any power from the top end

:dozing:

I’d just go 2.5" like suggested above. Some people say it’s too big for a mostly stock car, but it’s not that bad. I’ve had 2.25" and 2.5" and really couldn’t tell any difference at all. And 2.5" would be nice to have down the road if you ever get more serious about mods.

As far as which muffler, it doesn’t really matter. Any straight through is going to sound/perform about the same. If you want quiet, resonators and a twin loop muffler would be the way to go.

This is a pretty subjective topic that has been discussed in detail numerous times if you would look more; however, I would suggest getting something like a hytech replica header instead of spending the cash on a quality twin loop; a carsound 2 1/2" cat; a longer resonator (moroso spiral flow would be my choice); a stock positioned muffler such as the magnaflow; and have the components mated up at a shop with 2 1/2" mandrel bend mild steel.

i see i see, i have looked, i was just looking and see if anyone else would put in there .02

u live in california, like me, and u live in the o.c… run stock. i’m tired of seeing da’s and other hondas at the referee station for dumb things like modified exhausts, or sound checks.

but if u really want an exhaust, just get something that isn’t too loud… the most popular ones for the da are the hks hi power, greddy sp2, and the oh so sweet rs-r catback. sometimes they’re expensive, sometimes not, its a game of chance usually.

aside from that… u can even go with generic stuff… the differences in hp gains will be minimal, whether u have mandrel bent piping or not since u dont have a beast under the hood.

i got a dc 4-1 - 2 1/2 testpipe to a hks high power and i love the sound quiet and deep…the only thing is its a little raspy if im just revving it because of the lightweight flywheel but i guess that would happen with every exhaust

btw im selling my dc for a rmf- i want a $120 its the stainless one and im pretty sure it is 2 1/2 collector lmk if your interested

yea another socal da, what do you live close to, i live close to the 91 and 5 freeway,

and ackoncrack do you still have that header? i might have a buyer for you :smiley:

header

yeah i still have it lmk

[QUOTE=ackoncrack;2034969]i got a dc 4-1 - 2 1/2 testpipe to a hks high power and i love the sound quiet and deep…the only thing is its a little raspy if im just revving it because of the lightweight flywheel but i guess that would happen with every exhaust

btw im selling my dc for a rmf- i want a $120 its the stainless one and im pretty sure it is 2 1/2 collector lmk if your interested[/QUOTE]

Exhaust sounding raspy cause of a lightweight flywheel :think:?

Please tell me how you came to the conclusion that a part of the rotating assembly affect your exhaust note.

[QUOTE=b16da9;2036972]Exhaust sounding raspy cause of a lightweight flywheel :think:?

Please tell me how you came to the conclusion that a part of the rotating assembly affect your exhaust note.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHAAHAH. wow. maybe the blinker fluid is affecting it.

ackoncrack: you’re exhaust sounds raspy for a reason. #1 u have a honda. lets face it, honda’s have a familiar/distinct sound. #2 u put 2.5" test pipe on it, have a dc 4-1, and an hks hi power. no the best combination if u don’t want raspy.

first off i didn’t say it sounds raspy while im driving its actually one of the best sounding exhausts around here i said it sound raspy if im at a standstill rev it up and the rpms drop so fast from the l/w flywheel that its sounds a little raspy…while im driving my shit sounds madd deep clean and quiet at the same time …no rasp at all… niggas wish there shit sounded like mine

wow… :ghetto:

i know what an hks hi-power not “high power” sounds like on a DA that is done right. whether they have a lightweight flywheel or not. the fact is that u are not helping it out by putting that straight pipe. do know what a resonator is and the purpose of a resonator is? if so then you’d understand why u got that raspyness, with or without that flywheel.

your absolutly right…it would sound better with a stock cat the thing is is its not on a stock motor i got a lsv wit ctr cams pro series manifold blah blah blah im not gunna restrict it anymore than it already is… the hks has 2 resonators in the catback itself…honestly this is my 5th da if had many exhaust and this is one of the best sounding maybe not performing setups ive had so far

i see. not to be a dick… but had u mentioned that u had an lsv, with upgrades your setup would be justified. unfortunately u didn’t mention that. but here in cali, a straight pipe isn’t gonna win u any points over with the chp and with other local law enforcement crackheads.

i don’t know what the OP is running under the hood, but it kinda depends from there. a high flow cat can be considered too whether or not vtec is in the picture.

yeah laws are crazy here too not as bad as call but bad…a friend of mine that a grew up with is a nys inspector so i just give him my regi and he takes it into work and prints out a sticker for me

lucky sob. hehe. :slight_smile: