i think im running the worng ecu

i have a 92 teg ls with a jdm b20b swap in it. im currently runnning the stock ecu. not quite sure which one it is… does anyone know. i tried searching but the keywords are way to commonly used. which ecu should i be using. it just feels like the motor is being held way back. i have been told many different things. i went to hondatas web site and the dont even list the b20 motor on their ecu page.

btw basically no mods except for a test pipe and exhaust

stock ecu is a pr4

I don’t believe there is a stock ecu which will work any better for you. Everyone I’ve seen just uses their stock ecu and it’s fine. If you’re modding then obviously you’d want a dyno tune and a specific program via Hondata, Crome…

Why do you think the engine is being held back?

Get a CAT, save the environment.

u are thinking its being held back probably since u don’t have the right fuel pressure going into it. do u still have the stock fpr on it? if so replace it and get an adjustable one and bump up ur fpr to like 38psi.

and do as colin said, get a freaking cat… u ain’t helping ur b20b by running test pipe. u are just loosing back pressure… and in turn u are loosing some torque… and gaining squat on high end. the b20b isn’t a high end hp producing motor. get ur fpr, adjust it… and make sure u are running the obd1 LS (pr4) ecu.

i feel its being held back bc when its hot out it runs good all thru the rpm band. even top end. when its cold out and the motor is up to running temp its really sluggish from 5 on and it sounds and feels like its goin to pop. i run a test pipe bc the car gets better gas mileage. when i have my cat on i can only go bout 200 miles on a tank of gas, even shifting at 3k rpm. with my test pipe i can go bout 360 to 375. i would like to run a cat but the car has no power with it. i know it doesnt produce crap for hp at high rpm but it feels like the motor doesnt like any rpm range above 5.

i can feel a really huge difference with the test pipe as well. i used to go to the track alot when i had my b18a1 in the car and i ran a cat then got the b20 and havent had the time to go that much. i have been to the track twice with the b20 and the first i had the cat on it and best time i ran was 15.9 then went with the test pipe and ran 15.6 so i know it helps.

it really feels like its gettin to much gas and not enough spark but i have brand new plugs, wires, and rotor in it and it hasent inporved or anything thats y im curious.

forgot to mention but the motor is obd0, i used the IM and the ign coil off my b18. if the problem is with the cat maybe mine is bad but i did get a new one i guess ill get a high flow cat or something and see if that helps.

What would his fuel pressure be now? I’ve had a fuel pressure gauge for years now and it’s always been right around 40psi. That’s with both my b17a and b18a. I assumed all the b series fpr’s were the same :shrug: