b16a problems fitting into 90 integra

i got my b16a into my 90 integra gs but i had to remove one of the sub frame bar becasue the of the extra down pipe …the 4-2 manifold

what is the significance of this bar and how do you guys think i can replace it ? should i just go back to useing the 4-1 that came with my b18a1…the swap guild in teg tips says to use the 4-2 the stock b16a manifold and i did it but they never mentioned this bar

here is what it looks like

and here is what it it attaches to in the front and it extentds back to another frame bar

im not sure what to do…i didn’t want to use my old manifold

you can leave it off. the gsr’s don’t have that bar either because of the header also. you shouldn’t have any problems.

i haven’t seen one of these posts in a long while. he is 100% right tho. gsr’s dont have them, you dont need it.

part of the equipment I like to call HONDA OPTIONAL - stuff you can just get rid of!!!

Has anyone verified that the GSR doesn’t have any extra bracing elsewhere to compensate for the lack of this beam?

here you go, straight from the helms.

i had to remove that bar w/ my swap. no big deal. i’ve got a b18c1 block in my 90 LS.

alright thanks

Learn something new about DA/DB’s everyday.

I know GSR doesn’t have the beam, i was wondering if the inner fenders are a different gauge steel or something to compensate, it is a different chassis code after all. I know my DA9 bends a ton with the beam on there…