B16 vs Type R pistons!!!

Ok me and my mechanic are like aruguing back and forth and this is what it is, he is wondering why the B16 pistons give more Compresion than the Type R i mean he got me thinking too but he says why go with PR3’s and P30 wich they have only 10:2 and 10:4 while the P73A0 and P7300 have 11:1 and 10:8. Please fill me in why go with B16 pistons. :burnout:

it all depends on other mods . . . :blah:

this is mod is about going all motor ls

The p30 and pr3 pistons have a larger dome, all else equal that will boost compression. All else is not equal between a B16 and a B18c

so the B16’s are better??? ok next question my nephew is going to build a all motor ls and he is going with the B16 pistons but he has already in his hands a pair well only 2 P30 pistons. He told my mechanic to order 2 more but when he order them it came out to be PR3 pistons but with a P30 box…well im lost according to the guy he say are the same but i dont think they are cuz u can tell the diff P30 are more doomy than PR3.What will happend if we decide to put them in any way 2 with P30 and the other PR3 what will happend???

Get some PCT pistons.

low on bread lol…i just want to know wich is better B16 or Type R i read and search and no answer just trying to fig that out cuz type r have higher cp ratio than a B16’s do.And like i said my nephew wants to go all motor he has 2 P30 pistons and he told mechanic to order 2 more but in box it came with PR3 but the box said P30 acoording to guy they order from they told him their the same but i think their wrong and my nephw just told the mechanic to go ahead and installed them anyway…what will happend if u installed the 2 pair of P30 and the 2 pairs of PR3 in a ls block???

You’re other post with the EXACT same topic already answered your question.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109346

whoa!

beware of PCT’s. they shoot your c.r. out of the roof. lastly, b16 pistons create more c.r. because they are designed for a motor with a shorter deck height and stroke. when pr3 & p30’s are installed into ls blocks, the increased stroke & difference in deck hieght (270mm vs. 263mm) will increase the c.r. to about 12.3/1 c.r. with an unmilled pr4 head.

Just claybar your motor to dbl check for clearences. good practice