PR3 ecu question

i bought an OBD-0 Pr3 ecu and plugged it in and my check engine light came on. I have ls/vtec and the ecu only lets me go to 7000 Rpm. do i have to get the ecu chipped for dohc?does anyone know anything about why my check engine light comes on besides not having the vtec wired into my ecu since my vtec is hooked up to a button? and does anyone know what the specs would be about this pr3 like redline and when vtec should engage?? thanks

chipped for doch? pr3 IS for doch vtec motor…
umm redline is 8000, vtec engagement is 4900. and you should not have vtec hooked up to a button. when the computer engages vtec, it not only pops open the solenoid(like your switch) it dumps more fuel and advances the timing and i’m sure it does some other shit too.

you have a CEL for some vtec component. when a CEL comes on for vtec, it limits the revs to 7K so you dont fuck up anything. actually, most CEL’s will disable vtec and limit your revs or put the computer in limp mode, and you will have shit for power.

find out what that code is and post it up here or we cant really point you in the right direction.

sup man i e-mailed you. i think you have multiple codes thats why you are not able to go past 7k. but just e-mail me back so we can hook up, i have fixed a bunch of those and i live in vallejo

www.EFI101.com
ems & dyno tuning services available