Type R / GSR crank and pistons in my LS.. what do i get?

Tossing in an TYPE R / GSR crank… what is the resulting mathematics?

I know this is kind of vague - but someone is selling a set of 11:1 pistons on Type R rods… if i put those pistons in my LS it results in about a 10.5:1 compression ratio…

I know the only way to put the rods and pistons in, is using a Type R / GSR crank, but I know it wont just pop right in. What needs to be done, and is there any point? I could just tear the pistons off the rods and stick em on my LS rods when I’m building…

TIA

Wait wait after doing some calculating…

You end up with 1933cc displacement, putting out about 10.3:1 compression ? And for some reason im seeing if you up the bore to 84mm you get a compression ratio of 10.9:1

I dunno. Some more help here would be great guys.

The LS and B18c engines both have a 81mm bore. The Ls however has a 1836cc or something displacement and the B18C has 17xx cc’s are something. Basically the LS has a tad more stroke. If you run the GSR crank youll lose stroke, decreasing your displacement, and compression. Not by much though so dont worry. That 1933cc calculation you got is only possible if you bore it out to 84mm which is impossible in a B18 unless you sleeve it. My advice? Save your money and buy some forged pistons in the 10-11:1 CR area and run them on your ls crank and rods. If you have more money to spend, then get some forged rods too.

Well I’m rocking a B20B, and i want to up the compression.

Someone is selling type R rods w/ pistons, at an 11:1 compression. If i got that combo, stuck it on a type r / gsr crank, what compression would i be running?

you need 84mm pistons foo. je, arias, cp…

Yeah I know. The pistons that I’m interested in buying are 85mm. So I would bore it out an extra 1mm, and pin the block.