civic si cam shaft and gear for b18a?

My friend has a complete set of cam shaft, gear, and valve springs from his 2000 si that he wants to get ride of. Just wondering if those fit my stock b18a and if they are any better and are they worth the investment. For the parts, I can pretty much get them for free, but how much would labor be?

any info would be helpful.

thanks

The springs will fit. The cam will not. I’m unsure on the gear, but I’m leaning towards no.

Edit: Just the inner valve springs will fit. You use your stock outer valve springs.

I think all B series cam gears are the same, including the Prelude B20A gears.

yes, the gears are the same.

Unless you’ve got a Vtec head, than those parts will be pretty much useless to you. If you look closely, the B18a1 cam shafts have 2 cam lobes, and the vtec cams have 3. The large middle cam lobe is the vtec lobe.
The valve springs are dual on the intake side on the B16 head and single on the exhaust. Stiffer intake valve springs won’t help you if your running stock B18a cams. (I.e., non-aggressive cam lobes with stock lift and duration.)

-Andrew

When I first read this I was thinking he had adjustable cam gears. if they are stock then there is no point in using them. If you can get the springs for free might as well do so - if you don’t plan on upgrading you can at least sell those.