Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Pressure Guage Isssue

Collapse
X

Oil Pressure Guage Isssue

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oil Pressure Guage Isssue

    I have searched thoroughly throughout the boards but cant seem to find an answer so here we go. I purchased an Autometer phantom series oil pressure guage. I ran two oil lines (teed off from the block), one to the sending unit and the other to feed my vtec solenoid. All 3 wires to the guage was wired (I,S,G). Now once i start the car the guage needle moves to the very first notch on the guage face. I refered to the haynes manual and at idle i should be reading 10 or so psi. my Guage isnt reading anywhere near that( almost @0). The sending unit is also remotely mounted( ziptied to firewall unitl i can make me a bracket to mount it). Instrutions say that in the event that the sending unit is remotely mounted then a ground to the sending unit "body" is necessary. So what i did was took a piece or 18 guage wire stripped the insulation off a few inches and wrapped it around the sending unit then attached other end of wire to a screw on the firewall. Still no change in reading. Is it possible that the sending unit is bad( purchased it only a few days ago from jegs catalog). How ofeten do these things go bad. Or maybe i dont have enough pressure in the line to get a good reading. It is about 3 feet of braided -4an line to the unit and 3 feet to the vtec soleniod.

    #2
    Did you re-check your wiring, maybe your not getting power. As far as grounding the sending unit, i didnt have to do that. Did you buy it new or used?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Integ21
      Did you re-check your wiring, maybe your not getting power. As far as grounding the sending unit, i didnt have to do that. Did you buy it new or used?

      I bought it new. fresh outta the box from jegs.

      Comment


        #4
        Hmmm... thats wierd being its new you shouldnt be having problems with it. Check your wiring, make sure everything is connected rite and theres no splices in the wire. If you have a fluke meter, you can try checking the sender with that, you might also want to check you oil lines for any blockage and if all else checks out but still not working send it back.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Integ21
          Hmmm... thats wierd being its new you shouldnt be having problems with it. Check your wiring, make sure everything is connected rite and theres no splices in the wire. If you have a fluke meter, you can try checking the sender with that, you might also want to check you oil lines for any blockage and if all else checks out but still not working send it back.

          Integ21 turns out ure suggestion worked. I removed the sending unit and i heard a "pop". Apparently some of the teflon tape blocked the hole in the sending unit. Thing works like a charm now. Thanks for your input. Now i can sleep at nights

          Comment


            #6
            Happy to hear you got it fixed

            Comment

            Working...
            X