Need Help!!! ECU, Ignition, and fuel system

I recently had my motor rebuilt and had forged pistons, rings, headers, hi-flow cat, Intake and Stage 3 Cams. Now i need an ecu, fuel system (injectors, fuel pump, and FPR), and ignition system. I was thinking of going with an MSD ignition. i could use some input. i also would like to know if anyone can program ECU’s and if so some prices. thanks

#1, What’s wrong with your stock ECU?

#2 - what’s wrong with your stock ignition?

#3 - you want to tune YOUR ecu(fuel/ignition maps) for YOUR our engine, if you get some generic tune you won’t see the gains that are possible.

if you’re doing an N/A build, chances are you don’t really need new injectors or a fuel pump.

I’m at 180whp and I’m still on stock injectors, stock fuel pump. My guess they are probably good until atleast 200whp.

You’ll probably need some sort of engine management, since it looks like you’ve got some internal work done. There is lots of information on this forum already, so you can find what you need to know.

As for ignition:
From personal experience, the MSD really wears down the ignition components.
This is my ignition setup
SCI Ignition box
MSD Dist. cap
MSD Blaster Coil
NGK Blue
NGK Coppers (plugs)

I’ve had MSD in my car for 2 years now and this is what i’ve been through:
1x ignition box (my MSD 6AL died)
3x distributors (yes, I’ve ruined three distributors…could be bad luck, I dunno)
1x MSD Magnacore wires (cracked boot)
?x spark plugs. The plugs wear down twice as fast
2x MSD distributor cap (worn down connections)

It’s great to have that extra spark, but as you can see, expect your ignition components to wear down alot quicker.

the stock ignition system should be fine for any N/A builds, the fastes N/A honda on the planet uses a stock ignition system.

http://www.ericksracing.com/racecar.htm

Nothing is wrong with my ECU other than the fact that its a stock setup and i need to have one tuned for the parts that i have. If anyone can tune one or knowes where i can get one and some prices that would be great. As for the injectors and fuel pump thats because i am goin to be running a 150 shot when i take it to the track and the shop i had my work done at says i need them.

well…yea…if you’re running a 150shot, then upgrading your fuel system is a good idea.

as for ECU, you can’t go wrong with Hondata

ya if you’re running nitrous than the fuel pump and ignition are a very good idea.

you can only go Hondata if your teg is a 92-93, otherwise you can look at having it chipped and tuning using some of the free software out there, TurboEdit, or you could buy a piggyback that will let you adjust your fuel though not as precisely as something that actual edits your fuel tables(Hondata/TurboEdit), piggybacks you might look at are VAFC-1 or 2, or Greddy E-manage.

Ohio?? go find blundar on forum.pgmfi.org. He is in Ohio and he would chip and wideband tune your car. I dunno on the price (wont be nearly as much as hondata) but he is a fuggin smart dood and is really really good at ecu stuff.

Ben

Thanks for the help guys

I tried emailing blundar twice but he never responded