Crower Crank & Rods
Arias 11.1 Pistons
Fully port and polished b16 head
itr valves, supertech springs and retainers
skunk2 stage 2
skunk2 IM
Ericks racing TB & ECU

Robertw

Wow, nice set-up. Did Crower have any hp numbers for the stroker motor?

ericks racing built it and we are expecting close to 240 at the wheels

if you hit the 240 at the wheels that will be mighty impressive with a full manifold/single throttle body setup and only stage 2 skunk2 cams. not saying you won’t…just that i’ll definitely be impressed :up:

i havent dropped it in the car yet but when i do
ill let yall know
check it out this is what i did
http://www.ericksracing.com/engines.htm

that dyno chart runs to almost 11k :shock: wonder how long they expect those to last

i dont know, but we built the engine with reliability in mind
so we took a base race engine and built it to be a little more friendly
when i finnally get the motor in the car and break it in it will be dyno’d and further tuned

not troo its a gsr with higher comp pistons, larger bore and stroke and a full ported head. btw who ported it if its from eriks? was it alaniz? if so i believe wit some good tuning ull hit close to those #s

i haven’t seen any dynos of any cars hitting that on pump gas with a full IM/single TB setup. ITB’s, i’ve seen some damn impressive things. but my old n/a plans were for ITB’s, LS/VTEC, 85mm, 12.8:1, and rocket’s m24’s. was going to be around 250 at the wheels, on pump gas. granted, with some higher-octane race mix you’d hit it, but not on california’s shitty 91.

i was hoping for that …with basically the same setup only M24E’s with 13.5:1 comp. and ITB’s …but im going with a b18c1 block and LS crank …

whoops forgot it to be on pump lol :-x
i wish i could get my cousin’s buildup online if i could just get his dyno… he made about 230@whp with a built b20vtec with a full IM/single TB setup. granted he had a 68mm TB and a ported skunk2 IM with a built head. and 91 octane. proof is the only thing i need to show and ill see if he’ll gimme the dyno sheet.

cool cool man. please understand i wasn’t trying to call you a liar…i just personally haven’t seen a single tb setup hit that high, and am anxious to know it can be done…the last couple years have been huge in b-series developments. :slight_smile: :up:

o i kno ur not callin me a liar its cool dood but i kno it can be done. alot of it comes through with the tuning and the engine builder. actually tho imma pretty sure tho eriks racing can develope a motor to make over 240 tho cause i mean they were able to break 9s with a stock gsr IM(ported yes mind u) but id think he had to make a hell of alot more than 240 on race gas to hit a time like that. alot of the guys around my way are running intake manifolds and and single TB setups. from what i believe ITBs are great but i have also heard that the differences between using ITBs and a great IM are not much. from what i have heard is that ITBs give u crisper throttle response and better mid range.

how the hell are you gonna do that with no header? :giggle: 240whp is not easy, its possible ,but, very difficult. g/l

t-bone hit about 250 on s2s3’s w/ itr mani, i think. now he’s itb with differant cams.
2.0L 13.6:1 c/r dart build.

yea that is a bit of a stretch. i’m not doubting you, but my bros car was built way more than that and i think he had 230-240 if i remember correctly. i’ll ask him all the details later.

his was a 2.0 b18c, toda C’s, 12.5:1 compression. i dont know anything else but he could rev to 11k all day. it barely idled and sounded like a harley :giggle: i dont think his was tuned right though, so i guess its possible with your setup and good tuning.

but damn man thats a nice build. look foreward to dyno #'s and 1/4 times.
good luck :up:

let me just say i havent gotten to into detail about the motor
and what all has been done,
im pretty confident in what i think the motor will put down
when i dyno it after i break it in ill post the #'s

i think the most he got with the s2s3’s with the ported ITR mani was like 230-240 which is still amazing …

maybe. i am pretty sure he was right up around 250 with the itr mani. mightr have been when he was testing cams. he found my pr3 ecu for me so i was talking to him on the phone about the testing he does. then he starts bragging he can smoke me. =( jk, no seriously tho. hes a cool guy, too bad my friend made me leave the meet early and i never got a ride.

yea ive talked with him a few times about my setup and etc for help …he is a very helpful and nice guy …