NOS Question?

Ok i read somewhere if someone has high compresion pistons i can not use that high of a pill if i waz to run nos. Once again this is what i have…STAGE 1 PORT FRONT AND BACK OF THE HEAD,TYPE R USDM PISTONS, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB. SO WHATS THE HIGHEST PILL I CAN USE AND BE SAFE AS OF NOW I GOT A 38 SHOT PILL CAN I GO HIGHER?

oh yeah, you could definitely go bigger, say to a 42+, a 38 pill is only around a 50/60 shot. even with higher compression ratios(usdm type r) a good amount of nitrous can be used.
in my built b18b i used a 52/3 dont remember exactly pill in my dry setup on 10.8/1 wiescos
i would also ensure that your fuel pump is up to the task…ie a new 255lph
and i would recommend a wet kit and not dry if you go bigger than mid 40’s
unless you have upgraded your injectors as well

so like a 42 pill is cool then??? what about a 45 pill and oh yea my NOS is a ZEX dry system.And what would ya recomend would be the limit on how high of a pill i can go with.

Isn’t it nitrous??? :shrug: NOS is just a brand, not the actuall spray. Calling nitrous NOS is what ricers do.

well i used a 48 pill and after my first run i see a little water in front of my bumper i cant see where its spilling but its not a wholleeeeeeee lot its a only tiny bit to tired to chek and late but any suggestion if this pill is to high or not for my set up on my B18a1 engine once again this is my set up…STAGE 1 PORT FRONT AND BACK OF THE HEAD,TYPE R USDM PISTONS, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB. SO WHATS THE HIGHEST PILL I CAN USE???

The fuck is “Stage 1” porting? :giggle:

well its like a milled stage port in the front and back exhaust of the head :rockon:

what

what

stage one is bowl cleanup and a gasket match,a good spray head has killer exhaust port and larger header helps 2,cause n2o is oxygen rich ,33%,you have to get the air out of the head faster,as far as the water??? :hmm:

I wouldn’t sweat the water. It is either not related to the car, or AC condensation, or just dripping out from rain or washing. If it were coolant it would be green unless he isn’t running any antifreeze.

yea

was there water around,puddles,

just in the front bumper i see like smoke like around the front of the hood cuz its cold out here in dallas tx well not now but at that time it waz but the water temp shows me fine and its normal hmm maybe its too much presure from the Nitrous?

cold out

thats it when its cold some times ive had water vapor on the hood after street racing, :rockon:

Ok i going wet system on the nitrous i want to bump up the pill to get at least 100hp. What ya think of this set up…Nitrous Jetting .047 Fuel Jetting .053 Fuel Octane pump gas 92+ Ignition Timing 2 -4 retard Plug Heat Range Standard. so what ya think would be safe on my set up it is almost fully built need more but im getting there just in case ya forgot my motor set up is STAGE 1 PORT FRONT AND BACK OF THE HEAD WITH 94 AND UP LS CAMS AND STOCK INTERNALS, AEM CAM GEARS ,TYPE R P73AO USDM PISTONS, 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB.

… Ok, for future reference you could just say mild port and polish of the head, Type R Pistons, and 5 angle valve job. When you give so much information such as part numbers, measurements, and “front and back” porting it only makes it seem like you just learned something.

no those number well the first 2 are the pill numbers for the nitrous. one for fuel and the other is for the nitrous and the other numbers is well 92 and up pump gas and the other is the set for the game gears.

no

go down in heat range ,or buy zex plugs they work great for me,one more thing is the ring gap,stock set is to tight for spray,i think in my stock enginei went with.022 top ring & .o27on the second, left oil ring stock gap,my rings on a 70 dry shot where getting so hot buy the end of the track they where butting together…not good ,and changing to a wet kit. i’m not my shot is dry i was having problems with#4 getting more than the rest,so i made a 4 nozzle set up right in the intake. and toosed the fuel pressure riser and let my tuning do the rest ,yea hard at first but when you get the tune up right its just as power full as the pro race fogger kit…the stock injectors were getting maxed out ,i had to upgrade them any way .how are you tuning it now?

ps

dont retard the timing with the cams.set your base timing then retard it or use a msd box like a digital 6 and retard it that way