Ctr Intake Cam With B16 Exhaust Cam

Lookin to upgrade cams and i was wondering whether i could get away with using CTR intake cam with a b16 exhaust cam.
NOTE: I have an lsvtec setup.( for those smart asses that would ask "why are u using vtec cams in non vtec block?).

What are ure thoughts gurus?

saveup and get both CTR cams and an ITR valve train while youre at it. (just my opinion.)

Im not looking for opinions im looking for an informative(technical if need be) answer. None of the laymans repsonses like save up and buy both. Ill ask another question .What is the inherent difference between the two exhaust cams? In terms of performance ? etc etc.

lol, dont you hate it when ppl say stuff like that and you ask them wats on their car and they say… intake… cause “im saving up money to do it right…” go on honda-tech man, im sure you can find the lift and duration specs for those cams.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=998080
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1080221
those might help a little. Dont have the acuall specs if thats what u needed.
And no, im far past putting just an intake in my car. Saving yes, rebuilding a B17 with high compression pistons does take money, if you wanna half ass rebuilt engine, be my guest, but saving is quite smart sometimes. As for the initial question, i was jut saying what i would do form my knowledge, and (the most gains) didnt mean to answer incorrectly toy our quesiton.
And yes, you (can) get away with that setup. i was just saying what i personally would do. If you’re asking if you can get away with it, then yes, it is a nice setup.

I think they won’t be compatible.

Why? The B16A cams are the mildest of all the VTEC cams. So you’re restricting exhaust flow while trying to increase your intake flow.

the inherent difference?? huh?? sounds like you’re trying to come off a little smarter tahn you really are…the specs of both these cams are readily available on the internet, once you know what the lift and duration are then you can make an informed decision yourself.

oh fuck it, here you go:

b16 exhaust cam: 214duration, .379lift
CTR exhaust cam: 224duration, .417lift

that’s a huge difference in lift, so based on that I would say it’s probably a good idea to get both CTR cams. Honda didn’t increase the lift that dramatically for no reason.

Scooby… he’s not lookin for opinions. he wants to use the B16 exh. cam with the CTR int. He’s askin if you can. YES YOU CAN. Go ahead. getting both CTR cams would be ridiculous… i mean… who’s looking for gains when building a car?
You asked a question ( can i get away with it ) yes you can. Should you? IMO no. but if you aren’t looking for the better gain, and just for a cheaper gain, then sure, knock yourself out.

Thanks for the INFORMATIVE answers fellas.

As for mr fantasy no my car doesnt have “just intake”. Fully built bottom end.
81.5mm sleeved block
balanced and knife edged crank
srp high comp pistons
gsr girdle
arp head/rod bolts
vtec oil/h2o pump
eagle rods
and the list goes on and on.
This lsvtec get thing gets very expsensive
And i dont mind
Im loww on cash now and i was trying to cut some corners till spring when the bank accnt gets up to speed. and yes i know" u spend cheap u spend twice"
In actuallity I didnt really intend on using the b16 exhaust cam.
I see alot of guys using gsr exh cams with ctr intake.
Correct me if im wrong doesnt the gsr exhaust cam from 94+ gsr have a higher lift and duration?
If so i can get a gsr exh cam for alot cheaper than its ctr counterpart.
But if u guys feel that im wasting my time doing that then say so.

look, i totally understand cutting corners and getting the best bang for the buck, i share your ideas. But I was thinking more along the lines of… with all those mods allready on your block, it sounds like you spend all your money on your car. Later on, (I’m assuming) that you’re going to have a CTR cam, with a B16 cam, and you’re gonna say, maybe i should buy the CTR exhaust cam now that i have the money for it. I was assuming you wuld want the most gains from every part eventually, and instead of buying the CTR exhaust later down the line, put them both in at the same time, and save yourself the money and trouble of taking the valve cover off twice. (this is just what i was thinking.) Every (little) gain and (big) gain mean something, and when you come to the put where you are trying to think of what to spend your money on next, it might be easier to pay a little extra to get that part of the build out of the way, and not come back to it later. (this is just my point of view though.) I was just trying to think ahead for ya. But that’s cool, I understand the money thing, and thinking of less expensive routes with decent gains. But i figured i would throw in my cents since you are askin questions and the more opinions, the easier your decision is to make. Good Luck anyway,
As for the GSR exh, and CTR instake, here’s a thread that may be some help to ya-
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=944775&page=1
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=859966