X

6 puck clutch question

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 puck clutch question

hey everyone, i got a ACT 6 puck clutch installed on my B16 teg and after a couple days of driving it it started to squeek. So i went back to the place that installed it and asked them to look at it. They said that 6 puck clutches squeek when you go from a stop to go. And two other people said theres does it too. It is only when iam at a stop and let the clutch out slowly. Is this normal? Has anyone else heard of this problem? I have tried searching and can't find an answer. thanks for the help.

heard of it many times. had a friend that swapped a b16 into his civic, got that clutch, does it every time he takes off.

Comment

I've got a 6puk on my car, I think mine squeeks a little, but hardly at all

Comment

mine squeeks more than mickey mouse.

Comment

Hmm, squeaking i dunno, but if its a screeching, its the clutch digging into the flywheel... its normal on a 6 puck

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone, iam relieved to hear that because i have been having a lot of problems with my car so now everything is running perfect.

Comment

hmmm. mine does not squeak. it might chatter on occasion, but no audible squeaks. did you properly grease the throw out bearing??

Comment

thats the first time i heard a 6 puck squeeks... i used F & S clutch and never had that problem except the clutch loves to snap the clutch cable...
                im not trying to flame but 6 puck on n/a motor unless your making 50% more power than stock is a little over rated. stage 1 or 2 is more than enough to harness the power to the ground. thats just my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by G2iVTEC
                  hey everyone, i got a ACT 6 puck clutch installed on my B16 teg and after a couple days of driving it it started to squeek. So i went back to the place that installed it and asked them to look at it. They said that 6 puck clutches squeek when you go from a stop to go. And two other people said theres does it too. It is only when iam at a stop and let the clutch out slowly. Is this normal? Has anyone else heard of this problem? I have tried searching and can't find an answer. thanks for the help.

Samething happened to me when I bought an ACT with 4 pick. People have told me that is normal.

Comment

yea everyone one i know with a puck disc makes that noise its called chatter ...wow a 4 puck ...how it that dailt driving ...i know a 6 puck can be a bit harsh ...

Comment

Working...
                    X