2 versions of the JDM S1 cable tranny

As the topic states, I beleive there are two versions of the JDM S1 cable tranny. The reason I say this is because from all of my searching, I have come to the conclusion that the JDM trannys have the gold sticker, and the USDM trannys have the white sticker. Also, the JDM s1 tranny has the pre-92 imput shaft, while the USDM has the post -92 imput shaft. My S1 tranny has the pre 92 imput shaft, and also have the Gold S1 sticker. However, my Rpms at around 55mph (no speedo-cable) is 2500rpms. Since my car was a automatic, I have no Idea how hard my car should pull with the factory geared tranny, and the S1 tranny. I my opinion, it is fast as hell compared to my auto slushbow that only went in 4th gear until warm, then It would go to 2nd then 4th. I know if I take it to reline in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then shift to 5th, then I am at around (estimate) 3000rpms. Any imput is welcome. I also am will to help anybody that needs info on the swap.

You have a USDM S1 tranny, based on the gearing.

All S1 trannies have the pre 92 input shaft.

I had a JDM S1, and a JDM J1 and both have gold stickers. My USDM YS1 has a white sticker. Your tranny is obviously an LS tranny, and it has a gold sticker, therefore, I still believe that there is no way to tell what tranny you have (jdm or usdm) unless you either:

A: Install the tranny, and drive the car.
B: Crack the tranny open and count teeth.

DId you buy this tranny assuming it was a short geared jdm tranny? LS tranny’s rev at about 3000 RPM in 5th at around 100km/hr or 60 mph.

My JDM S1 and J1 were closer to 4000 RPM in 5th at the same speed.

HTH.

I think I am going to go drive a Integra 5spd for sale (stock), and see if it pulls harder than mine. If it doesn’t, then I will know if mine is JDM or not.

odd… my s1 has a gold sticker.

but mine came w/ the car and the b20 swap :shrug:

I have came to the conclusion that the gold sticker means JDM, and the White means USDM. I am 100% sure now. I was just like 80%.

hmmm

that’s awesome if true… better for selling my teg.

any specs on the JDM s1?

all I remember about it is that it has OPTIONAL lsd…

I don’t think so. I beleive that was only the JDM J1 tranny.

searching

ugh… So far all it says is that it comes from the 89-92 XSi/RSi’s b16s… Already knew that junk… POO!!!

THis is NOT true. If it was this easy someone would have realized this along time ago. I’ve seen long geared 90-91 S1’s with gold stickers. Based on your rpm at approximately 55mph you have a long geared USDM S1.

Unless you are revving close to 4000 RPM at 60mph you do not have a short geared tranny. Period.

I believe the Y1 is the tranny that came with optional LSD.

Ya, do you really think you could be doin 55mph at 2500rpm with a SHORT geared tranny? That’s what an LS does.

Arw must be right, if it was as simple as white=USDM, gold=JDM everyone would know that by now, it can’t be that simple.

ANyways, this might help some people, according to this the JDM YS1, GSR YS1 and JDM Y1 wree the only cable trannies to come with optional LSD. This guy seems to have done his research.

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/Bgears.htm

:up: i had done a small search on HT before and I didn’t think mine was JDM either… :up:

Why don’t I ever see my tranny code anywhere? I got a JDM b18b swap from a company called Lucky Star in Quebec I believe… the transmisson that came with it has a gold sticker, but it is A1.

I assume this is the same or similar to an S1… anyone know any info on these? I haven’t drove it in a few months, but as far as I can remember I was looking at about 3k rpm at 60mph… maybe a little more.

hMMMM, I am really wanting to know.

What else do you want to know? I’ve given you your answer. I’m not trying to be a dick, but I’ve told you three times now. I’ve researched this.

Dannyboy, you have long geared A1 tranny. Essentially the same as a USDM S1.

:werd:

Thanks for the info. I don’t honestly care what i have, as long as it doesn’t grind or slip outta gear like my old ones. I’m just going to end up swappin this setup into my DB1 after I’m done my motor build for my DA (will be a while yet).

okay, my car pulls a shitload harder than the factory 5spd tranny throught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The it feels stock in 4th and 5th. I pull dead even with my buddies B18A CRX until I have to shift (I am guessing shorter gears, therefore shifting more often), and he doesn;t so he jumps on me when he goes to 3rd, I am going to 4th.

There’s a pretty big weight difference there.

it’s possible you have the LS 5th gear, the only way to tell is get us speed vs. rpm in each gear, then you can calculate your gear ratios.

if you don’t have a speedo have a buddy pace you, do 30km in 2nd, 60km in 3rd, and 100km in 5th, note the rpms for each, and we’ll tell you your gear ratios. use 14" rims!!

14" MIMS (4.1kg ea) (38mm off) :wink: