darn it.... pulled that nut/stud off the head,...for headers...

…well it happend to the lower left corner
only 1 did that…
what can i do now?
ill get pictures in a sec to show where it broke…

you can either try to thread it back in tight enough so it’ll stay with some locktite, or you can do what i did and replace it with a bolt. just use one of the nuts from another stud as a guide for right bolt.

I had a broken exh mani stud too, the lower left also, and I bought a screw extracter set. You are supposed to drill a small hole in the broken stud and then insert the extracter bit and back the stud out. Using this method can keep your threads in good shape for the new stud.

I haven’t done mine yet because other problems have presented themselves lately, dang 12 year old rubber hoses leaking, and a/c tensioner seized up on me. The other thing is to get the drill in a position to drill the stud, you either have to pull the radiator and fans out or possibly jack the motor up enough to clear, not sure yet how I will do it. Good luck.

is the bolt broken at the base or is there some bolt left? if u have some sticking out use a vise grip and get it out.

Oh ya, I used the vise-grips on another stud that broke off with alittle still showing out of the head.

Now that I reread your post, sounds like you just unscrewed the stud out of the head, if that is the case, just screw it back in snugly and your good to go.

the stud Broke inhalf
at the smooth part
so head side…is fully threaded still…

if you can find a good extracting kit (NOT the screwout set from sears) with a strong bit you could maybe get it out, but i wouldn’t count on it. you could drill it out and helicoil it, but getting the straight on angle would be hard :think:

dude…ur screwed. ehhh if its just one bolt…fuck it

One bolt might cause a small exhaust leak - which at the head can be super irritating!

Drill it out, retap slightly larger threads, and use a bolt to match. Obviously you can just drill a little bit of a larger hole for the bolt, to fit through the header.

try and go to sears or any tool supply/store, and ask them if they have a left-handed drill bit. that is what i used on my friends civic. if you can’t find one, and know of a local garage check and see if they have one. i got mine srom SNAP-ON and they paid for themselves already

also did the bolt break flush with the block or with the exhaust manifold?

Ya, if it broke flush with the manifold, just pull the manifold off and use vise-grips to get it out.