J1 tranny does it have LSD?

just wondering if the J1 tranny has LSD cuz i just bought it and im going to put it on my ls ?

when u look through the holes where the axels go, can you see straight thtough or is there a bar inbetween?

ill look later today but wich is the one that it tells me if i have lsd with the hole or not with the hole

The bar is non LSD, Hole straight through is LSD equipped.

ok im going to look under the engine ok do i look right under the tranny and what do i look for?

Look through where the axles install into the tranny.
If you can see straight through to the hole on the other side of the tranny you have LSD.

i can still look even though the tranny is sintalled and everything?

help is there anyway to still find out if my J1 tranny has lsd if its already installed?

Lift the front of the car off the ground and manualy turn one tire. If the other tire turns in the same direction you have LSD.

darnnnnnnn it i just did only one spun not the other that sucks ahhh well at least i got a J1 tranny

NOOOOOOOOO WAIT my axle waz mest up on one side i just put a new one in and gues what I HAVE LSD oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love it.

hey, howmuch was ur tranny? and from where?

well, your tranny shouldn’t have lsd unless its aftermarket, or installed after the car left the factory. 89-91 short geared trannies are j1’s, s1’s, and y1’s. And only the y1’s came w/ optional lsd.

well i dunno but it has it and yes it cam out of a B16 engine not a B16a1 or a B16a2 so i know its a jdm. my Friend bought the car for just 300 bucks the whole civic it was a 92. So he called me to see if i wanted the tranny and i said yea cuz i needed one all he wanted waz the head so i got it for freeeeeee.

WAIT hold up bro??? You did WHAT for the tranny?

:gay:

lol my bad, all he wanted on that si was the head and he called me if i wanted the tranny and he also said it waz cable so i went for it and i got it for free cuz he already has a tranny and ls one but he dont know that the j1 or the s1 have shorter gears and not only that this j1 tranny came with lsd.

J1’s didn’t come with lsd. As Colin said, the only 88-91 short geared tranny with optional lsd was the Y1. I have a J1 also by the way. (And trust me, with my 2.1 60 foot times, I wondered if it really did have lsd) :giggle:

i dont know i jacked up my car and i manually turn the wheel and both turn and also before i had this tranny i burn out my car only on wheel burn out wich waz the right one now with this tranny both turn

speaking of J1 transmission, i just picked up one aswell, i got a 91 teg and im kinda a noob, apperalty, it bolts up but you have to swap the clutch to a 92-93 because the spline count is differnt? could sumone please fulfil me before i tear it all down and realize i cant install do to the wrong clutch?>

since you’re a noob… I’ll be easy on you… please please please :search: :search: :search: The topic of “what clutch with transmission X” has been gone over and over and over and over.