Wasted money w/ B16 swap?

I’ll try to compact this as short as possible. I’m looking to get a 1st gen JDM B16a swap in the future. I have a 1990 GS w/abs. My questions are:

1. doing this swap won’t remove the abs correct? If i want to remove the abs system while the motor is out, this is another process altogether?

2. So far to GS i’ve done the following:

B&M edge shifter/ES bushings
Exedy Organic clutch
AEM CAI
Tanabe Hyper medallion

will i be able to use all of these parts still with the B16? thats what i meant about wasted money in the title. I hope that these products swap right over so i won’t have wasted money. If they do need minor modifications please tell me, thank Q.

the abs removal is another process. and as for everything else, it will all work except for the exhaust, just take it to a shop as there will be minimal length work they will have to do.

what the hell are you talking about. :think:

read this for swap guide

What are you talknig about? He is right, everythnig else(as in intake, shifter, clutch) will work with the new swap and ABS removal is a whole other process.

what the hell are you talking about? the shifter/bushings won’t change, the clutch is going to be usable as it’s from a 90 which would be the same as the b16 unless he goes the hydro tranny route, i’m assuming he didn’t. oh, now that i think of it, the exhaust thing is fine, for some reason i was going off someone else’s swap who used a header for an si, so nevermind what i said about that.

The clutch will actually depend on what tranny is used. If it is a pre-92 tranny (likely if you get a complete swap), the clutch will work. If the tranny is 92-up, the clutch won’t work.

He’s got a 90, Chances are it’ll be 91 pre. besides. OBD1 92+ is so much more haha.

so the stock exhaust manifold from the b16 will go to my stock cat? basically after the swap is done will i be able to drive off? or sit there stupid like "damn, now i need some type of extension or something cause it doesn’t match up? what about later if i get a header?

also, i’ve been searchin around… for the shifter i need the shift rod/ linkage from which?

if you use the manifold from your stock motor it’ll bolt up fine, but if you use a manifold from something else, then the exhaust will have to be modified. and as far as the shift linkage goes, nothing will change at all, that’s all dependant on the car. your swapping a b-series to a b-series, not much changes. in this case the only thing that’s going to change really is that the wire needs to be run from the ecu to the vtec solenoid, and the fact that you need the pr3 ecu.

For the exhaust… IF it indeed does bolt up. then no worries there. and if it doesn’t bolt up. just get a shop to make the extension. ALso, if you want to buy a new header weather there was an extension made or not. jsut buy it for the same car/motor you alreayd have your header right now for. As or shiter thing… use what you got…

Will his B16 ECU be looking for 2 O2 sensors?

yes PR3 and PW0 OBD0 look for 2 o2 sensors. but people awlasy complaina botu taht and I hoenstly don’t see waht’s the difficulty of isntallnig two… :auto: