Who Got A B20/vtec What Rear Engine Bracket Did You Use?

like the topic states. Did you use the original rear motor mount bracket or do you have to replace it with some other model bracket, mines does’nt line up to where you suppose to bolt it down to the tranny.

is the motor already half in the car or do the mount holes not match the holes on the back of the trans? the holes have to match up, all b series transmission cases are the same. but i’m thinking the motor is in the engine bay already? if so, you have to move the motor around with the use of jacks and whatnot to get it into position.

the motors already in the car, been in it for over 30,000 miles until onE day I notice that my shifter hits the console everytime I shift into 1,3 and 5th gear. The I noticed my motor sits higher cuz it hits the hood. Thats when I realized that there was no screw holding the bracket onto the tranny and the bracket is about 1.5 inches off of the screw hole. I never looked at that bracket before so I don’t know if a bolt was ever put on or it just vibrated off or the bracket just won’t work? All I know is its the original motor mount bracket from my DA. Do you think I could have f’ up the side motor mount bracket for it to shift up like that.

yeah, the bolt(s) just came out is what it sounds like. it happened to my front mount about 6 months after i did my rebuild. all of a sudden i had the worst damn wheelhop possible, the front and reat mounts were the first places i looked and viola, problem solved. it may take a little searching to find the bolts you need though.

and no, the other mounts should be okay, they are naturally made to flex, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to check them over.

sweet, well the only thing im worried about is that my mounts are polyurethan place racing mounts and I don’t think they are suppose to flex so Im gonna cross my fingers on those brackets. I picked up the bolts from acura and they werent cheap $5 something each. Thanks for the help though. It seems help is slim on g2Ic.

i’ve got the inserts also, but the front and rear mounts are the only ones that take the brunt of the motor movement, so once one of those goes the motor is pretty much free to do what it wants. and having the inserts themselves will move the motor if not all mounts are securely fastened. if you put the motor in yourself, you know what i mean :roll: .

edit: wow i can’t type today…