X

B16a J1000

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B16a J1000

Normaly i see B16A1 cable trannys and i see that code right on top of it it normaly says S1000 well i have a buddy selling a B16 J1000 and i saw on his block B16A not A1 im assuming its a jdm right and next question will this fit on my 91 ls engine and yes its cable.

pretty much all b series cable transmissions are interchangable... Isn't the J1 the one w/ optional LSD?

Comment

im not sure im just asking if it will fit and it looks diff from my cable tranny and also diff from a B16A1 S1000 cuz on the back side on tope on my 91 ls tranny it has these 2 ports to put oil lines u know and same goes for the S1000 but this one has this like sensor like thing u just connect to? And what u mean about the J1 comes optional LSD?

Comment

the J1 had optional LSD when it was new.

Have fun with the micro-gearing

Comment

Man im lost lol micro gearing lol, well wich tranny is better the J1 or the S1

Comment

J. Shorter Gearing.

Comment

cool so J1 it is and will it just bolt right on or i have to do some diff things to put it on my 91 ls engine. And like my ls tranny on the top back i see these to ports to put in 2 lines i guess its for oil and on the J1 tranny it has this sencor plug only any way on how to make this work on my engine?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBorintegra
                J. Shorter Gearing.
                I've had both trannies in my car. I found the S1 to have a slightly shorter (higher revving) 5th gear.

Comment

Originally posted by arw321
                  I've had both trannies in my car. I found the S1 to have a slightly shorter (higher revving) 5th gear.

Comment

so the S1 it is thanx ya have been alot of help.

Comment

odd ish... I had a J1 in my Red teg (b18a). In my black one (b20b) I have an S1 and 5th felt shorter in the red one...

Comment

Originally posted by ElBorintegra
                        odd ish... I had a J1 in my Red teg (b18a). In my black one (b20b) I have an S1 and 5th felt shorter in the red one...
                        Strange. Gearing feels about the same to me.. but the difference I do notice is a couple hundred RPM in 5th.

I prefer the J1.

Comment

Originally posted by arw321
                          I prefer the J1.

Comment

Working...
                          X