b20vtec guys who have them

i jsut got my DA yay!!! :smiley: and in the xmas spirit i will start to build my engine soon. i have a spare b20z with a blown ringland (turbo owned me) and now i am thinking of rebuilding it for all motor. i just wanted to see how u guys liked it. i mean for me this will be the hardest platform for me to endure. i have never had a car go slower than a 15.0 and that was only because of a leaky headgasket. and i kno i am running a much heavier car than my 2200 civic. but as far as the setup will go it will be stock phk pistons(balanced w/rod bolts), cut gsr head, s1 b16 cable trans, CTR cams w/itr valvetrain, skunk2 IM, and a RPM 64mm TB runnin either neptune or hondata. nothing flashy just bare basics.
as far as i am goin for someone who has had a setup similar to this i just wanted to kno in ur opinion, where u (a)-satisfied with the power it made on the street/track. and (b)-did it hold up well the the abuse?

also what did u guys with b20z stock no vtec run at the track

thanks
cliff

b20b times

my db8 ran 15.2 at 88mph in the summer heat-july at the import atlanta tunerfest shootout, but that was with bfg ta drags and 2.1 60 ft. times
and obviously not a b20z but the lowly p3f pistoned b20 (had my pr4 ls head on it and skunk2 im)

sounds like a good setup and it will run hard …just make sure you have it built right …and tuned correctly …hondata would be a good investment …

I have the chance to build CRVTEC but, I’m not really sure if I want too.

I got one!

i finally got my b20vtec in, oh my god… it feels so nice to hear that vtec kick in… :rockon: eventhough i did not do it, i did alot of research and got the balls to send it to josh… i need to get a skunk2 manifold, and im currently running w/o intake the thing is really loud… it has great gas effeciency 250 to the tank, and the power when i need it
i recommend this swap to anybody… :clap:

definetly do that swap, you need the vtec head though, i Have an ls block w/gsr head, and a 93 gsr tranny i ran a 14.8. the only difference between ls and b20 is the bore, b20 is 84mm compared to ls 81mm. both the motors have the same stroke.

I have one, but i have never dyno’d it before building it up. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with it if you decide to go with it.

The butt dyno tells me the motor has a pretty flat torque curve. I’ll confirm that later this month when i go dyno tune.

to give you an idea, mine has a built block and head.