X

A few ?`s on OBO0 to OBD1 and which ecu

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few ?`s on OBO0 to OBD1 and which ecu

Yea I am in kind of a mix up I need to get my car smogged it has a b16a in it it with a pr4 ecu converted to vtec, I dont know why I cant just bring it to BAR like that, I dont see why not. But I know I will prob have to do OBD0 To OBD1 conversion, which ecu should I use when doing this, which one is best? Also I dont have any papers showing what year my b16a is or a recipt or any thing so what should i do there?
    Ryan

O yea its a 1990 btw.
    Ryan

Comment

You really should do some searches, both obd1 conversions and BAR exam's have been covered quite extensively.

But to sum up what you must do:
      Pretend your b16a is from a del sol....this means you must run all of the electronics and smog equipment that came on the b16a equipped del sol's. Just tell the ref that your engine is a japanese equivalent of the del sol engine. He will then do the smog test just like its a del sol...

The reason you must do it that way is because your engine must be equivalent to something here in the states, or its illegal. Its pretty close to the del sol engine, so thats your best option. Its also similar to the 00 civic si engine... however if you try to ref it as that engine you'd be required to convert to obd2

You may have a lot of questions still, but please first, this topic has been covered, and other members here have been to the ref.

Comment

Working...
      X