Mr. Gasket (The Beast) GX20 2.0 B18

does any of our members have one of these crate engines installed??
also why is the short block only around $6000, when the long block is $11,000-$1200… do they produce same horse?? cuz i would be able to buy the $6000 one but not the pricey long block

http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx?brandId=0&productID=26158&majID=775&minID=&selection=21&minselection=

–how 'bout u research and build your own sleeved 2.0…with 11.5 CR and your own p&pand hi po cams… i’m sure it won’t come cost that much $11000 …

oh i totally agree with that…i would not spend 11,000 on that motor…but i would spend 6,000 if the short block does the same horsepower figures as the long block does…u figure thats 275 horse all motor and ready for turbo,
popular mechanics this month did a civic with that motor (longblock) and a simple turbo…they are pushing 400 horse

How much HP it would make with that shortblock and a random head could vary widely, depending on how good whoever does your head is. The engine is expensive because a) it is a brand new engine, not rebuilt, and those are not cheap from Honda either; and b) they are guaranteeing it will make a certain amount of power and warrantying it for a year. That is about as powerful as an all-motor B-series is going to get, and I’m sure some people are willing to pay for something right out of the box instead of buying parts, finding a machine shop, etc.

im going to getting a Importbuilders B series “killer” block …made to your specs built and blueprinted for $2995 shipped …i was going to build my own block …but there are no respectable machine shops that i know of or trust …so thats why im going this route …

thanx for the info…i will have to check them out!!