organic or cerametallic

im not sure if i spelled “cerametallic” right but you know what i mean. (clutches) Ive heard allot of about the organic clutches and heard that many people are very pleased with them. It sounds like they are great from Exedy, i was just wonderin if money wasnt an issue to these people, woudl you have gone with the cerametallic for the piece of mind?
Ive decided to rebuild the B17a with the P30 pistons,CTR camshafts, and the new valve train. Now, im not sayin im gonna be pushin 200hp out of the engine or more, im just sayin, no matter what there isnt gonna be Nitrous or Turbo goin on my car, but there will be more mods later to come. Now, to make sure i get a clutch that will be able o hold the power does anyone think i might need to go with the cerametallic clutch instead of the organic. i heard that the organic is good up to 200hp. Now, im not sayin thats what my motor is gonna push, but i dont know… anyway i know there have been discussions on this, but i wanted to know if “money wasnt an issue” (not saying im rich) but id rather wait a week longer and get the best part for the job. Thanks for the input in advance.

No problems with my Exedy Organic. Never considered the Cerametallic one.

I wouldn’t get the cerametallic. I have heard engagement is harsher and I hav no plans right now for something that will push 200 whp. If I ever do I will be making enough $ that the extra for another new clutch won’t be an issue.

I have the Organic.

How much HP do u guys think you’re pushin? Archon and Strikeback?

:lol: 91, bone stock except for cams from a 99. I needed a new clutch, so I got a decent one.

Plans are for a B20, compression around 10:1 or so, midlevel cams (403s or similar), and airflow improvements, maybe 150-160 to the wheels when done.

Do any of you know anyone who is pushin like 200+ with the organic? or if they have had any problems?

a guy i know has his b16 running close to 180whp without problems. i have one as well and i will say it’s a great clutch, but having also owned a cerametallic, i wouldn’t say it’s any harsher, but it really isn’t entirely meant for daily driving.

12.25+:1 CR B17a with CTR cams. No tuning done yet so I won’t guess numbers.

i’ll take an educated guess and say 163hp and 117lbs/ft :cross:

I’d be really sad.

is that all you’re running for mods or is there more?

¿163?

163hp?¿
My rebuid is gonna be a little less then what archon has but im hopin it will be more than 3hp and stock torque on a rebuilt higher compression engine.
i’m goin for the 11.1 CR and it might not be as high as Archon’s but i’m hoping it gives me more then 3hp of a stock B17a :wtf: . including mods i have now. (not much) and the Cams later on in the build.
DC header
CAI w/ weapon R filter
Performance wires and plugs
Unorthodox racing crank pulley
Morosso distributor

I’d hope that even before the rebuild i was pushin more then 3 more horses than a bone stock B17a.
B17a hp = 160
Rebuilt B17a with 12.25+1 CR= I hope more than 163hp :shrug:
As for the organic clutch, sounds like its the way to go. Thanks guys. Lates

I know my build isnt gonna be better than Archon’s got, but im pretty confident ill have higher #'s than 163hp, and stock torque.

i’m talking wheel numbers man, not motor.

To the wheels, id hope that Archons setup would be more than that to the wheels. I know im hoping my will be.

ljoe knows what hes talking about you guys, plus it was just a guess.

Alan

are you being sarcastic or serious? sorry, my brain’s dead today.

I was being serious.

Alan

Im not saying he doesnt. i was under the impression he meant to the crank, and i was like… umm… i dont think so. Thats why i said that. Im sure he knows his stuff, i never said he didnt, i was just shocked cause i thought he meant to the crank. it’s cool. LateS

thanks man

Me concurraters :up: