Could I Put a B16 head on a b18?

I have a b16 head from a 1989 acura integra, and a 1990 acura integra with a b18 in it that i drive regularly. Would it be possible to switch the heads on them? and if so would it raise my compression? Or are they the same? I only want alittle more HP but don’t want to spend much money if anything. If this would not work, what are some other cheap alternitives to get this higher compression or higher hp. All i want is about 15 to 20 more hp. I have a larger throttle body, cold air induction, catback exhaust, header that I have not put on yet. any help would be appreciated. Chad

I B T L
:lock:

On a side note -

A set of cams, and some dyno time w/ an SAFC could net your 15 - 20 horses.

I B T L ???

what the hell is that. i dont know that much about these things please help. i just want to go fast like everyone else :O( lol

IBTL - stands for

in before the lock

Meaning this has been discussed so much, that this thread will get locked.

But I did post something for you above.

Yes a B16 head will fit. Slight modification is needed. When its complete, you will have what’s called an LS/VTEC.

Try the “TEG TIPS” Section, for more info on this, and just read some threads about making more power, for the rest of your info.

ummm 1989 integras came with a D16a. so are you asking to put a head on from a 89 integra? or a B16a head? :think:

I figured he was talking about a JDM 89 head from an XSi integra?

:run:

i have no clue what he’s talking about.

Sorry, the engine from the 89 had a swap it was origanlly from a a 2000 civic si is what i was told… would have been good to say that in the origanal post im sure. the engine has a spun bearing so i thought i would just use the head from it and get rid of the rest if possible. i picked it up for $450 is that a good deal? the car is crap all primer and the engine bay looks a mess.

the question at hand is about putting a b16 head on, not if it was a good deal.

if it is indeed a b16a head, then there are sooooo many topics dealing with ls/vtec. please run a search.

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/6.html