Short ram winter in Canada?

Heya everyone!

I’m living up north in Canada and was wondering about how my engine is going to like my short ram during winter? I’ve just bought the car a couple weeks ago and it came like that. Is there any big issues that I should be aware of? I mean, I dont want to have to replace my whole engine this winter because the -40 celcius air flow did something bad to my engine.

Thanks for any replies!

viz

PS: Here’s what the teg looked like on Dec 1st. I was pretty scared to start it up.

all I know is that the stock intake gets colder air than a short ram.
Ryan

also, if you think youre up north, youve got another thing coming…jk

i run a short ram, and have had no problems, up in the almost north of Canada, NWT…

yeah but in a much more smaller amount, compared to a short ram. that’s why i’m asking

holy shit, now we’re talking about up north for real :slight_smile: so you run that thing with a short ram during those -40 and it doesnt cause a problem? oh btw, whats the deal with that “other thing coming” ? :stare:

haha, i was just implying that there are harsher climates out there. I will admit, Yellowknife isnt all that bad with the changing trends in weather. As well, some parts of Northern Quebec would be on the same parallel as YK, so you might actually be in the same situation as me. And yes, Ive ran it all winter before, not this winter, the car is on the fritz. I think that the only real issue with aftermarket intakes, mainly CAI’s, is the chance of your intake taking in water, with a shirt ram, I dont think there is all that much risk. I think youll be fine.

i had mine last year, and i dont have any problem…

but i noticed that i just replaced my spark plugs 2 weeks ago, that the ending was pretty white, which mean there is too much air, and not enough fuel getting through…
i dont know if it has something to do with last winter

cool, thanks for the info. I just changed my plugs so I’ll see after the winter how they look, or during winter, it’s not like it is that hard to pop out and have a look :slight_smile: Anyways I might be moving to a Prelude AWS or something like that next year so I doubt I will have the Teg for more than 9 months. But I still want to keep it in shape. How’s the weather in MTL? Here in Trois-Rivieres it’s pretty yucky

yeah montreal pretty cold last year for few days, we had -30c plus wind factor, which goes up to -40c

my car started just fine… so i dont think there will be a problem for you

i dont think either … but i’m a bit pissed, I just had a quick look and found (yet) another problem, the prestone is leaking somewhere at the bottom left (lookin from the front of the car) of the radiator. i’ll have to find a way to find what it is exactly … damn used cars :slight_smile: