Ls/Vtec set up

Well know i have in my teggy is a semi fully built ls but im also going to purchase a fully buitl ls vtec this is whats in the set up tell me what ya think. GSR HEAD WITH TYPE R INTERNALS STAGE 1 PORT FRONT AND BACK ,5 ANGLE VALVE JOB, TYPE R CAMSHAFTS A B18A1 BLOCK WITH JDM TYPE R PISTONS, TODA SEALS, TYPE R OIL PUMP TYPE R TIMING BELT UNDERDRIVE PULLY AND TODA CAM GEARS AND A AV2 CONTROLLER. And something else i need to tell ya this one coustumer had this engine for like a week and he brought it back saying the vtec wont kick in and he switch the vtec controller to an apexi.Well i heard if u use an apexi controller it wont work with and ls vtec set up well the mechanic wants to sell it to me as is for like 1500 bucks ya think its a good deal or leave it alone. :manual:

If u dont want it ill take it. Let me know. San antonio aint too far from Dallas. I have a B17a head that i can use if that one dont work. Ask him if he’d ship it if u dont want it. As for everything else, shoot, ill find a use for it.

One thing before you buy it is to make sure that whats in there is really what you are getting.

What are Toda seals? main seals?

Open up the head and check the cams also to see if they are really Type R camshafts.

Pop open the oil pan and check the oil and the condition of bottom. See if it looks clean in there and there’s no debris in the oil pick up and the pan.
If its really a rebuilt motor with driven for only a little while, then the oil should still be clean.

Also if the VTEC wasnt kicking in, it might have been low oil pressure on the engine setup. which means either the oiling system wasnt piped correctly. THey didnt do the Oil lines for the LS/VTEC properly OR the oil pump has failed and not working at all.