Mounts wont line up! Need help!

I did the auto-5spd conversion, and I shimmed the mount like it says to in the auto-5spd conversion thread. My tranny mount will not line up, it is annoying as hell. I want to drive my car. I mean it is drivable, but I dont feel safe getting it above 3000 rpms. Please help me. I have pics of the situation, just e-mail me and ask for them.

On another extremely important note, My passenger LCA bolt head broke off, and most of it is still in it, but the head and about 1cm is broken off. This is causing it not to line up, therefore cause my car to drift hard right when I let go of the wheel. I have to get this fixed. I have the new bolt to go in it, I just don’t know how to get the old one out. The backside is pointed, so Its extremely hard to drill out, and I don’t have enough room to drill it out from the front. I can not express how unsafe I feel about rinding in my own car due to this.

Again, I have pics just e-mail me asking for the pics at Goky102288@bellsouth.net , and I will send them to you asap. Please post your answers back on the forum, and not in my e-mail, because I always forget to check my e-mail.

I wouldn’t even drive it at all. Take it to a shop and have them take out the broken bolt. I can’t believe you have to ask about something as critical as that.

As for the tranny “shimming” problem. The amount of washers used to make it line up is not set in stone. It’s a trial and error deal. Add or remove washers to fit. This is why I decided not to shim an OEM mount.

It’s not a shimming issue, it is at the right heigth, it just to far towards the driverside of the car. it it moved towards the passenger side of the car about 1/2", then it would be A-okay.

90-91 and 92-93 driver’s side mounts are different. Did you get the right one for your car?

No, because If I did that, then my front mount would not line up. I read that the driverside mount was longer. I’m about to brak down and buy a place racing mount. Have you heard about that? The only thing limiting m e is funds.

I’m running the full set of PR mounts including the AT-MT swap mount so I guess I’ve heard of them. The other thing that’s holding you back besides funding is the fact that PR is no longer in business.

yo man send me some pics and i may be able to help you and if i cant then my friend could. he is one of the few people in my area that does CLEAN swaps and conversions of all sorts.

:shock: I didn’t know that. What the hell happened to them? Where would I get a full set hint hint? Accually (sp), I will just try to fix what I have. How do those mounts feel?

When I bought my mounts, I got the last AT-MT conversion mount. He could have made more before they closed up, but I doubt it. He said that the DA parts didn’t really move.

As for the other three mounts, I got one of the last sets available at the time. I also got one of the very last crossmembers.

The mounts feel fine to me, but I was used to three broken mounts and an automatic transmission’s vibration at idle :down:

I don’t know why PR closed, but I suspect that most people arn’t doing EF swaps anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an SR20DET powered Sentra either.

BTW, 93DAbeast, ygm. Well it sucks that palce racing shut down, oh well.

Bump

Hows my ol ride doin DUNSON? Looks like you are treating her well. Let me know on your progress.

Bump

bump

Bump

What are you bumping? Did you try a 90-91 DS mount?

You mean the 92-93 driver side mount? No, I didn’t but I heard you can still get it to line up regardless. I am fixing to buy one as soon as I find one.