anyone running Skunk2 stage 1 cams on stock b16/gsr valvetrain?

like the title states …if you have ever ran the stage 1s on stock valvetrian other than ITR or skunk2 valvetrain i know the skunk2 site says you can use stock valvetrain …but i want to know from people with experience …like have you had any problems …what were you revving the motor up to and etc …i did a search and didnt really find what i wanted to know …

also how did you like the stage 1s and would you recommend at least upgrading to ITR valvetrain or would stock b16 or gs-r valvetrain be fine with the stock redline?

thanks Joe

bump…

I’d recommend upgrading to ITR valvetrain… i run it with CTR cams in my b16a. do it once and do it right; if you’d keep the stock redline you really aren’t getting the max power out of the cams. HTH, good luck

youll be fine with gsr valvetrain and cams. i have it on my b16 and dyno at 147 hp @ wheel with 104 lbs of tourqe with only hondata with p28. if its not going to cost you money to have the gsr valvetrain. take it.always better to start from somewhere and gradually upgrade. if you got the money. buy something elsewhere better. but on the budget. gsr is a good thing to start.

as for revving. mine reds at 9200 but stop making power over 7900. adj cam gear on the way.

i know a guy who did one on his gsr (b18c1), and they helped out a little. they made the vtec on the gsr sound similar to the integra type R, which was pretty cool. i would recommend them, if you’re really worried about hurting the valvetrain, then try some type R cams, that would be the best bet for you, but the skunk2 cams are essentially the same thing.

cool thanks for the replies guys …i have itr cams …but this is mainly for my friend his has skunk2 stage 1’s and wants to throw them in with his stock 94 gs-r valvetrain …but i didnt know if he should get itr valvetrain to be on the safe side …thanks for the replies and keep them coming …:up: