break-in questions (searched)

I have a b18 wit .25 over CTR’s and i jus assembled the motor now im wordering about my breakin i know the basics bout breaking in the motor but im wordering sincewhere i live there is like a mile in between lights in some areas so i was wondering what i should do when im in 5th for that distance cause i know im not pose to keep it at a steady RPM for a long time?

thanx

I don’t think a mile is considered a long time. Oh, and what bearings did you happen to go with? And did you stay with stock rods and bolts? I want to use P30 pistons with my B18a and a B16 head, high compression LS VTEC, swing!!

do a search on honda-tech.com …there were a few threads about this …there are alot of different methods that certain people swear by …some let it idle at like 2500-3000 RPMs for about 30min to let the rings seat …and beat on it …or break it in on the dyno …and some take it easy for the 1st 1000mi …

I stayed wit the stock rod bearings, rods and bolts.

i beat the crap out of my engine to break it in. hit WOT, then let the rpm’s drop on there own, then when the rpm’s drop hit the throttle again. basically keeping the rpm changing helps seat the rings. did a CLT test after 150-200 miles and i had max of 5% leakage. but im serious i dogged on it and it seated perfectly and i had fun doing it.

Make sure that it is not running too rich or too lean, this can make or break a motor!

can’t live w/ them or can’t live w/o them

i know it so easy to pop open the window of a G-2 but has anyone heard of a alarm called “ThoR”? it comes LCD screen as well and remote starter ?
thinkin of gettin it , good idea.?

:wtf:

Now this Thread says nothing bout a damn alarm so go sum whereelse wit that boy

what he said …

sorry guy and gals… i was kinda at work and wrote that up pretty messy (plus it made no sense , even 2 me) i was jus wondering if anyone had heard of a alarm called “ThoR”?
thx
have a good day :manual:

I did the drive slow break-in method.
I thought about the hard-drive method, but i figured better safe than sorry. Both methods work. My rings seated fine. I did a 5000km break-in.

Just remember to do frequent oil changes…especially the first couple. And use only mineral oil, not synthetic. After you’re confident it’s done breaking in, then you can switch to synthetic.
this was my oil change schedule: (sorry, i’m in canada, so everything is in KMs)
500kms
500kms
1000kms
1500kms
2000kms
4000kms

thanx for the info