HELP JDM ITR header does not clear oil pan

I have a '90 LS block with a b16 head and the JDM ITR 4-1 header does not clear the oil pan. I heard the '96 pan will clear it but I need to verify it before I order it. Also, the '96 pan will bolt right on right?

There is another thread with crossmember clearance, but I’ll put it here again … does it clear the crossmember without notching?

Thanks

How far is it off? I hear some people CAREFULLY bang it in the oil pan…key work is carefully…but it’s your motor…

I would rather buy a new oil pan it drain plug thread is kinda stripped, and I don’t particularly like banging my engine. :wink:

The lower part where the pickup extends about a cm too far toward the passenser side and where the header sits.

Update:

'92+ LS oil pans fit fine. What a unexpected waste of $112

why doesnt the JDM ITR header not clear the 90 Ls oil pan …is it shaped slightly different?

weird. I was actually worried about this.

although I thought about it more and concluded that if im using a b16 (shorter) block and GSR (slight shorter) head, I shouldn’t have any troubles.

But…I guess its all a moot point now. Good to know.

The problem wasn’t necessarily the height of the engine. The area of the oil pan where it dips down to fit the oil pickup is bigger/longer toward the tranny side so it hits the header.

And yeah, the design is different.

hmm, interesting. i had almost the same problem when i first built my LS/vtec up a while ago. bought a GSR 4>1 from DC, cleared the pan, literally like 1mm away though. i decided that was too close and went with the 4>2>1 DC piece for an LS engine. clears fine. has anyone else had issues like mine, and if so, what header are people using that clears the pan better. i really want to run a 4>1, but every company who makes one is for the GSR only…

bryan

“Massage” thje pan with a hammer. That’s how I got mine to fit. It’s damn close.

ooo great. I just bought a integra type r header 4-1 for my ls vtec that I just got. The ls vtec came with the wrong header and my friend that is putting the motor swap in he says that I need to ge tthe intergra type r header so I did. I also have the b16a jdm head. Do you guys know if I will have the same problem with the oil pan?

Ok, once again …

90-91 LS oil pans are the same and they don’t clear the JDM 4-1 header.

92+ LS oil pans are all the same part number and are the same and they clear the header quite nicely.

My JDM Honda ITR 4-1 DID NOT clear my '92 oil pan.

Hmm, weird … dealer says that 92+ oil pans are the same.
Can anyone confirm?

hey I am in the process of doing my LS Vtec. It will almost be done over the weekend. I will let ya guys know if I have any problems with the oil pan and header.
peace

Also, anyone have problems with the JDM ITR 4-1 header hitting the crossmember? Not the normal area where the primaries hit the edge, but where the heatshield mount hits the middle area of the crossmember.

yeah I just bought a type r header and when we went to put it in, it was hitting the crossmember. I am kinda pissed now because I bought a wrong one and I got it off ebay so I can’t send it back. So the only header that is going to work is anyone but it has to be to a 92 integra gsr. I am having a hard time finding a two peace one. Could you guys help me out?
thanks
scuba

why dont you just notch the crossmember …

what do you mean notch it? well it doesn’t matter any ways because I just put a differnet stock header on. But if you find a 92 gsr one I would love to get it. I really need a 4-2-1 92 integra gsr header. I need a bigger header.

notch the crossmember so that the header clears crossmember …