think i blew a head gasket!

well guys like i said, i think i blew a head gasket, i pulled my spark plugs and cylinder 1,2,4 were wet with oil!, number 3 was dry but can anyone tell me
if this is the case or maybe something else went wrong and if it is this can someone tell me what else i should replace since i have the head off, and i’m tight on cash so no p&p head or valve springs and retainers. :uhoh:

well if those are gonna be off, might as well change the water pump and timing belt when you reassemble the block so at least those are new

that sucks. but before u take off the head(if you haven’t already) maybe do a compression/leak down test??? this may sound strange but a long, long time ago…two problems i had. first the spark plugs weren’t tightened and 2nd the spark plug grommets/gaskets were bad and it caused oil to get down into the spark plugs and inside the cylinder. luckily i caught this before i completely took the head off.

good luck. :up:

sorry if this sounds stupid or like a newbie question but what and how do i perform a leak down test?

Sounds like spark plug grommets to me also, if the oil was on the end of the wires where they connect to the plugs, then grommets are likely not sealing. If the oil is at the electrode of the plug, then more serious problems are at hand. Easy fix, around $8 for the grommets and check the condition of your valve cover gasket and cam plug while your there.

just get new spark plug gormments…i have to get some for mine tomarrow

ok thanks again guys :rockon: