tranny swap!!

I got a 91 Integra with 1994 b16a2 engine and 1990 LS tranny. I bought a exedy racing clutch for the LS tranny, it was running great, I just didn’t like the gearing from LS on a vtec engine, it didn’t stay in the vtec range, so I found ys1 tranny and tried to put it in but there is one problem the spindle on the ys1 tranny is bigger because it’s a 92-93 tranny, there for the clutch disk doesn’t fit, I didn’t know that until I took the tranny out, is there any place I can get a exedy clutch disk or can I get a different disk for the exedy pressure plate.
Please help!!!

dunno if you can buy just the clutch disc somewhere, maybe contact clutchcity or somewhere that deals with lots of clutches. other option would probably be to sell the whole 90-91 clutch setup and buy a 92 up kit.

Why does everyone say they can’t stay in vtec with a b16a engine and an ls tranny? I stay in vtec in every gear.

Maybe because they don’t rev high enough between shifts.

my vtec point is at 6000 rpm to 8200 i got the obd1 engine b16a2

hey all lemme ask a related question cause I dont wanna start a new thread…

I have a stock 92’ LS Teg’ and it has a YS1 tranny (i know how to identify it). Is this stock or what? I had a 91’ Teg as my first car which was 6 years ago and this one feels faster. I was assuming it was the 10 extra hp, but I noticed a have a YS1 today and I thought those only came on B17’s?

My cutover’s 5700 but who’s counting?

As for the YS1 question, don’t start a new thread. Search instead.

92-93 integra’s (B17 and B18) came with the ys1, the B17 ys1 has shoter gears.

Archon, Im sure you have heard this before (once a dick always a dick), but you could have easily answered the question in less than it took you to type out BS like that.

So a little tip in life; what goes around comes around… the cooler you are to people the cooler they will be to you.

Thanks for the reply Blacksheep

Here’s an auction for an Exedy clutch disk on Ebay. Also try checking out some of the sponsors on Honda-Tech too. I’ll bet you’ll find what your looking for.

noahrexion - Asking a question about a diffrent topic, in someone else’s thread, that could have easily been answered by searching, isn’t considered being a dick? :down: Next time search for your answers instead of expecting everyone to spoon feed you them.

well see thats the thing, teh question was related to this question (which was already answered, so Im not whoring his thread) and I figured those that are answering this would know my question.

Its a matter of patience really, and those that like to live on teh internet and follow that god forsaken “search rules” 100% of the time are just internet Nazi’s looking to post useless shit on the internet (kinda like this).

These forums are to help people period. Not to pretend that each and every person is a internet policeman, trying to crack down on “those non-searchers”. Its just a question man, Im not calling anyone a dick cause I dont know you guys. BUt my point is that if you dont have a proper answer then why waste your time getting aggravated enough to have to post crap that helps noone?

well on one hand people are tired of repeating the same thing over and over. But it is true that some people just get to crazy and sound like dicks.

i had about the same problem, i got a new exedy organic disc for about 89.99 shipped, im at work but when i get home ill find my recipt and post the site i got it from, they were pretty fast in shipping.

that would be awsome dude i looked all over the websites i couldnt find any web sites
thanks dude

89.99 shipped from http://www.prostreetonline.com/ - that was back on Dec. 17, 2003,

when i looked i couldnt find just the disc so i emailed them and asked how much for the disc only.

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/exedy_organic_clutches/

HTH

thanks dude.
i was just looking
would any of these work on my exedy pressureplate
http://www.partsandaccessories.com/acura~1992~integra~clutch_disc~act~pa.html

its a act clutch, and witch one do you think isbest for like street driving and some drag racing.

“Exedy Clutch disc - HCD-012U” is the part # you need it has the smaller spline count

Id go with the exedy if your worried about street driving at, all the 4 and 6 pad discs are gonna engage pretty hard and wont be very ideal for street imo… My buddy who runs a motor shop used an exedy on his wifes gen2 and he uses one on his b18c1 hatch so its pretty versatile for track aswell. i dont have any complaints either.